Zamfara State Scholarship 2022 [Apply Now]
Zamfara State Scholarship is a scholarship scheme by the Zamfara State Government of Nigeria.
The aim of the scholarship board is to support indigenous students in funding their educational careers through a local bursary.
However, the scholarship board was created in 1996 immediately after its state creation.
This has been the way of helping over 100 indigenes enrolled in any public institutions with school fees support.
It doesn’t only stop in students enrolled in the Nigerian tertiary institution but extends to even students studying outside the country.
For you to be a beneficiary of the Zamfara State scholarship bursary, an individual must be a citizen of Zamfara State.
The disbursement of bursary allowance is done yearly to qualify students studying in various institutions.
Since the creation of the board, there have been carrying out its functions in the following areas.
Some of those functions will be discussed in this article.
The Function of The Zamfara State Scholarship Board.
Here are the functions of the Zamfara State scholarship board for the indigenous student.
- To pay local bursary fees to the indigenous students enrolled in both Nigerian institutions and abroad.
- Partner with different bodies and non-governmental organizations to assist indigenous students aboard.
- Host interview with eligible applicants in other to be able to access funds.
- Conduct an interview for a student who wishes to study abroad but needs state assistance.
- Investigate each student to know and understand its state of approval.
- Speak positively to the mindset of the indigenous student on an undergraduate course that will sustain the needs of the state.
- Scholarship boards are also responsible for each beneficial welfare and behavior observation in their various institution.
So, with that being said, the Zamfara State scholarship board wishes to inform applicants from various institutions within and outside the state to submit their application for a local bursary.
This fund will be paid for the duration of each student’s study period as long he/she meet the requirements.
Now, let’s take a good look at what is the requirement for the Zamfara state scholarship award?
Eligibility for the Zamfara State Scholarship 2022.
Here are the eligibility requirements for an applicant who wishes to apply for the Zamfara State scholarship 2022.
- Applicants must be indigenes of Zamfara State.
- Aged 18 or older.
- Nigerian citizens but not indigenes of Zamfara State are not eligible to apply.
- If you have benefited from the Zamfara State Government in one way or the other, you are not eligible.
- Government employees are not eligible.
- All spill over applicants is considered only with University extension Approval.
- Applicants must have been admitted to enroll in any course at public tertiary institutions before submitting his/her application.
- Applicants from any private universities/polytechnic/college of Education are not eligible to apply.
Note: only students enrolled in public tertiary institutions within the country (Nigeria) are currently eligible to apply.
Applicants on Matriculation or IJMB courses will differently need to wait and apply later when he/she has already completed the programme.
(Only PRE-NCE, NCE, PRE-ND, ND, HND, IJMB, MATRICULATION, AND UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS)
Please you need to understand that any applicant that is found with fake documents will be disqualified.
This shows that when the Zamfara State scholarship board found that you submitted the wrong information to the board, you will be cut off from the beneficial list.
Here are the required documents each student needs to submit during their application to the Zamfara State Scholarship Board.
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of L.G. Origin
- Jamb Orginal result.
How to Apply for Zamfara State Scholarship 2022.
To submit your scholarship application, you will need to use this step-by-step procedure:
- First, you need to understand that the application is online-based.
- Visit this link to start your application.
Your application is solely online.
Applicants are advised to access it through a computer, Smartphone, or other internet-enabled devices using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
During filling out your online application form, you will be required to submit some important documents that will grant your application review.
Some of those required documents as listed above but you will also need the following:
- Personal Details
- Password (Alphanumeric) to be created by the applicant
- Active e-mail and phone number
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Account Number
- White Background Passport Photograph (Not more than 1MB)
- Educational Information: Name of Institution, Faculty, Course, and Department.
- Details of two Referees (A Referee here means a person willing to testify in writing about the character or ability of someone, especially an applicant)
However, if you cannot complete your online application successfully due to any technical difficulties.
You can choose to reach out to the technical unit of the Zamfara scholarship registration portal through this telephone number: 09038171384.
Ensure that you fill all the mandatory fields (*).
Remember to submit your application and print your slip.
Moreover, your successful registration printout will be required for the upcoming physical interview/verification.
Application Deadline for Zamfara State Scholarship 2022
The Zamfara State scholarship registration will start on Wednesday, May 13th through Saturday, May 23rd, 2022.
So, the deadline is 23rd May 2022 at 11:59 pm.
Engr. Aminu Ahmad Zabarma
FOR: Honourable Special Adviser
For more information, kindly visit the official website of the Zamfara State Scholarship.
Please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below.
Sharing is caring!
It I got this scholarships I will be happy real
Pray that god almighty will surely fulfill my dream, to get this scholarship I this great institution