The United Nations Development Programme Africa is accepting submissions for the Sahel Innovate Challenge hosted by the YouthConnekt Sahel Forum in Senegal in 2021.
The SahelInnovateChallenge is a flagship activity of the YouthConnekt Sahel Forum, which aims to promote and highlight the creativity and resilience of young Sahelians who are driving the region’s development.
The challenge encourages people to associate the area with creativity and innovation, rather than the over-emphasized violence and poverty-stricken narrative.
It gives Sahelian youngsters the chance to interact with policymakers, commercial and political leaders, and development organizations.
It also empowers young people in the area to take charge of their own development narrative — to debate, plan, and accelerate youth empowerment programs, and to rebrand the Sahel as a place of opportunity and investment.
Worth of Award for YouthConnekt Sahel Forum Challenge
Selected applicants of the YouthConnekt Sahel Forum Sahel Innovate Challenge will receive:
- A chance to submit their ideas to a team of judges and industry professionals.
- Participation in the forum is fully supported.
You are eligible if you:
- Are 35 or younger
- Have a demonstrable and tested innovative solution (including the number of people impacted) in the Sahel region in any of the following challenge tracks:
- Digital Transformation
- COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- Peace and Security
- Cultural and Creative Arts
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
Are a national and currently residing in one of the UNISS Sahel countries (Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, The Gambia, Guinea, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, and Senegal).
How to Apply for YouthConnekt Sahel Forum Challenge
- Record a video describing yourself, your solution, and its effect in the Sahel area in fewer than 120 seconds (2 minutes).
- Fill out the form @ https://forms.gle/9VYg6xm4w4nsNy9x9.
Note that your video can be submitted in English or French.
If you’re submitting a video, make sure it’s in good shape.
- is filmed in widescreen (landscape) format.
- contains information about yourself, such as your name, country, and age.
- presents an overview of your creative solution, including a description and current impact (including the number of people impacted).
Deadline: November 21, 2021