The Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards will be held in Germany in 2022, and the Global Solutions Initiative Foundation is accepting nominations.
Most regions of the globe have seen tremendous economic development during the previous four decades.
At the same time, inequality is growing, the environmental problem is worsening, and people are feeling more powerless.
The decoupling of economic development from social prosperity and environmental sustainability is one way to define this tendency.
The Global Solutions Initiative strives to buck this trend by creating ideas for better aligning commercial and political activity with environmental sustainability and social success.
Individuals with unique ideas on how to make the world a better place make up the Young Global Changers (YGC).
They have to come up with a plan or initiative to put these ideas into action.
The Young Global Changers initiative brings together young people from all over the globe who are working toward a global paradigm shift, allowing them to combine their abilities and become a powerful force for change.
Worth of Award
The following items are included in the scholarship:
- Expenses for getting to and from Berlin.
- For the duration of the Global Solutions Summit, lodging will be provided (three nights, March 27-30, 2022).
- The Global Solutions Summit 2022 is free to attend.
- Opportunities to network with luminaries from academia, industry, politics, and civil society.
- A worldwide network of like-minded Young Global Changers is available to you.
- Possibilities for future participation.
Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards Requirement
- Entrepreneurs or innovators who have founded or are heading a social company whose mission is to match economic activity with environmental sustainability and social success.
- “Intrapreneurs” are corporate executives who want to change “business as usual” from the inside.
- On a local, regional, or global scale, non-profit actors, community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic, or environmental change.
- Your enterprise, company, or initiative must strive towards recoupling, or a greater alignment of economic and political activity with social well-being and environmental sustainability.
- The candidate should be in charge of the project or initiative for which they are applying. (For example, founder, co-founder, project leader, initiator, or someone in a comparable position.)
- The candidate must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old.
- Applicants must be willing and motivated to participate in a worldwide network aimed at achieving long-term global change.
How to Apply for Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards
Step 1: Fill out the online application form with as much information about your modification project as possible. The following information and materials are required for a successful submission:
- Information about the individual (name, email address, place of residence, date and place of birth).
- Information about the project (name of the project, project description, connection to recoupling).
- Upload the following files: 1. a CV, 2. a project description, and 3. a short video (max. 5 min).
Step 2: A jury will be in charge of selecting and evaluating the projects. The finest projects from all submissions will compete in the semi-finals and be shown on the official website, with ten being chosen for the finals. All finalists will get more information regarding the following stages after the semi-finals.
On March 28/29 in Berlin, the ten finalists will have the opportunity to present their projects to a live jury of experts and a global audience at the Global Solutions Summit 2022. The pitch might take place either online or on-site.
Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards Deadline
Deadline: The application deadline for the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards is January 5, 2022.
Recommended for You:
- Distell Students Internship Program 2022
- Guaranty Trust Bank OND Internship Programme 2022
- Summer Internships in Japan 2022
- World Bank Group Internship Program 2022
- Safaricom Student Internship Program for Kenyan Students 2022
- EJS Center Amujae Leaders Program for African Women in Liberia 2022