The Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW) is now accepting submissions for the $3,000 Victor Cohn Prize for Excellence in Medical Science Reporting, which will be awarded in 2022.
The Victor Cohn Prize for Excellence in Medical Science Reporting was created by CASW in 2000. The prize, which is given annually, seeks to recognize a writer for a body of work published or broadcast within the last five years that has made a profound and lasting contribution to public awareness and understanding of critical advances in medical science and their impact on human health and well-being, for reasons of uncommon clarity, accuracy, breadth of coverage, enterprise, originality, insight, and narrative power. Work that appears in digital medium qualifies as eligible writing.
Worth of Award
- The honoree is given a monetary prize of $3,000 as well as a certificate.
- The award is given out during ScienceWriters, a conference that combines CASW’s New Horizons in Science briefings with the National Association of Science Writers Annual Workshops.
- The cost of the awardee’s travel to the award ceremony is paid.
Victor Cohn Prize for Excellence in Medical Science Reporting | Eligibility Criteria
The following individuals are eligible:
- Nominations may come from editors, coworkers, scientists, and anyone who is acquainted with the candidate’s work.
- Individuals are asked to submit at least one letter of support from a competent colleague when nominating themselves.
- Nominators for the 2022 award may submit up to five instances of the candidate’s journalistic efforts, all of which must have been published or broadcast since January 2016.
- Books aren’t eligible.
- Letters of nomination should contain a biographical biography as well as an appraisal of the nominee’s body of work.
How to Apply for the Victor Cohn Prize for Excellence in Medical Science Reporting
- Nominators and applicants may send documents to the following address: http://casw.submittable.com/ beginning January 1, submit them during the submission window.
- Letters of support may be supplied as part of the nomination package or separately using the recommender submission form.
Deadline: Application deadline is July 1, 2022.
Recommended for You
- Royal Engineering Academy Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation for Engineers in UK 2022
- WIN WIN Gothenburg Sustainability Youth Award 2022 (SEK 50,000 prize)
- African Climate Adaptation Innovation Challenge 2022 (70,000 GHS prize)
- Maya Angelou Book Award 2022 for Writers in the U.S. ($10,000 prize)
- Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes 2022 (up to $10,000)
- Orange Social Venture Prize 2022 in Africa and the Middle East (up to €25,000)
- Google Developer Student Clubs Solution Challenge 2022 ($3,000 cash prize)
- Kendeka Prize for African Literature in Kenya (win KShs.100,000)
- Earth Island Institute Brower Youth Awards 2022 ($3,000 prize)
- Millennium Oceans Prize 2022 for Undergraduate students (up to $5,000)