Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students 2022-2023
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2022-2023 are now accepting applications
The Scholarship is a highly selective program for bright overseas students wishing to study for a Master’s degree at Utrecht University from outside the European Economic Area (EEA = EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway).
The scholarship is for the length of the degree program, which might range from one to two years depending on the degree program.
Only if the student is making good progress toward the degree will it be extended for a second year.
The scholarships are funded by the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, which was founded by Utrecht University, as well as donations from Utrecht University alumni.
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship might be given in the following ways:
- expenses for tuition or
- tuition costs + the minimum income for a one-year study visa as determined by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
The scholarship may be renewed for a second year in a two-year Master’s degree.
Eligibility for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
The following requirements must be satisfied to be eligible for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship:
- Be a member of the top 10% of your graduating class;
- Not be a holder of an EU/EEA passport and hence ineligible for study grants and loans in the Netherlands;
- Have finished high school and/or a bachelor’s degree outside of the Netherlands;
- Outside of the Netherlands, have completed high school and/or a bachelor’s degree;
The following factors are used to determine who is eligible for a scholarship:
- As evidenced by your Master’s application, academic quality and promise in the proposed field of study;
- Academic achievement, as shown by documentation of being in the top 10% of your graduating class (class ranking certificate, GPA with grade distribution summary, statement/reference letter signed and stamped by your university);
- The academic substance, intercultural and communication skills, and personal motivation in the motivation letter for the Master’s program;
- The quality of the Master’s program application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Application for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
Non-EU/EEA students will have the opportunity to apply for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from November 1, 2021, after submitting an application (or applications) for a UES qualifying Master’s program before the deadline.
In your Osiris Online Application account dashboard, you’ll notice the UES application(s).
Click View/edit for the UES associated with the program you want to apply for, then upload the required evidence of being in the top 10%, answer the questions, and submit the application.
Students interested in applying for the scholarship must do so by January 31, 2022 (23:59 CET), after which the application site will be closed.
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 1, 2022