The US Embassy Community College Initiative Program, sponsored by the United States Department of State.
Provides opportunities for individuals from other countries to develop leadership capabilities, professional skills, and English language proficiency while studying at a community college in the United States.
Participants gain technical skills and have the opportunity to acquire credentials in their subjects of study.
Participants from all throughout the United States observed Martin Luther King, Jr.’s assassination.
Participate in a variety of service and learning events on campus and in the community on the National Day of Service.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): U.S. Department of State
Scholarships to be taken at: U.S. Community College
Scholarship Type: Exchange Program
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International students
Participants in the CCI Program come from historically underrepresented and underprivileged populations.
Participants return home after finishing the program with new skills and experience that will enable them to contribute to their country’s economic growth and development.
US Embassy Community College Initiative Program Requirements
For the U.S. Community College Initiative Program, candidates must fulfill the following qualifying requirements.
- International students are required to apply.
- Students accepted into a bachelor’s degree program.
- At the commencement of the program, you must be 18 years old.
- Possess a secondary school diploma
- Have a basic understanding of the English language
- Desire to improve their professional and leadership abilities in order to contribute to the growth of their communities
- In July 2020, be eligible to begin an academic exchange program in the United States.
- Comply with country-specific regulations
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Candidates must be highly driven, accountable, and able to work independently in a systematic way, as well as possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applicants must have a full-time program offer from North Island College in Canada.
Eligible Courses: Applicants study in one of the following eligible fields:
- Applied engineering
- Business management and administration,
- Early childhood education
- Information technology, media, public safety, and tourism and
- Hospitality management.
The Fulbright Commission or the Public Affairs Section of the US Embassy manages the recruitment and nomination of applicants in qualified nations. CCI prizes are not the same as Fulbright grants.
For contact information in participating countries and to inquire about application eligibility conditions, see the location details below.
Application for US Embassy Community College Initiative Program
How to Apply: All qualified candidates who want to be a part of the US Embassy Community College Initiative Program should Click Here
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Recommended for You:
- Adelaide Sarawak Alumni Scholarship 2022
- DW Akademie Master Degree Scholarship in Germany 2022
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022
- University of Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships 2022
- Generation Google Scholarship for Computer Science Students 2022
- Adlerbert Study Scholarships at Chalmers University in Sweden 2022