The University of Copenhagen PhD position for Medical Doctors offers an International PhD program EMERALD in the 2022/2023 academic session.
- Is it possible to find a medical practitioner with up to four years of research experience?
- Do you want to learn more about how illnesses originate and contribute to the discovery of new treatments?
- Interested in pursuing a PhD and furthering your scientific knowledge?
For this call, 12 PhD jobs are offered at seven leading European biomedical research institutions: BRIC (Copenhagen), CRG (Barcelona), NKI (Amsterdam), IGC (Lisbon), MDC (Berlin), VIM (Leuven), IC (Copenhagen) (Paris).
BRIC is home to two of the slots.
In April 2022, a second call will open.
EMERALD, the “International PhD Programme for Medical Doctors,” educates and develops outstanding physician-scientists with the purpose of bridging the gap between the clinic and the laboratory.
The program seeks medical practitioners to pursue a PhD in cutting-edge research at one of seven European life sciences and biomedicine centers of excellence.
The medical practitioners who are selected will gain unique scientific, technological, and digital skills and knowledge in order to enhance their careers at the cutting edge of medicine and research, with the ultimate objective of improving patient care and addressing global health concerns.
Worth of Award
- The EMERALD fellows will have access to high-end technology and facilities, as well as an international, challenging, and creative environment with expert supervision, advanced training, personalized career development, and mentorship programs, and advanced training.
- They will have the chance to form crucial international networks with a variety of stakeholders from academics, hospitals, patient advocacy groups, and the private sector.
- Fellows will work at UCPH for six months as a research assistant and 36 months as a PhD fellow throughout their tenure.
University of Copenhagen PhD position for Medical Doctors Requirements
Level of education required
Candidates must have a medical degree that permits them to enroll in an approved Doctoral program, as per national rules and institutional standards in effect at each recruiting research center.
Your master’s degree must be equal to a Danish master’s degree in order to be considered for a PhD fellowship at UCPH/BRIC.
Years of experience in research
Candidates must be in their first four years of research (exceptions for career breaks may be considered) and have not yet received a PhD degree at the time of the call deadline.
Demands for mobility
Candidates may be of any country, however, they must participate in transnational mobility in accordance with the H2020 MSCA guidelines.
They must not have lived or carried out their principal activity (job, education, etc.) for more than 12 months in the nation of the designated recruitment center for which they apply during the three years before the call deadline.
Languages that are required
Excellent command of the English language
How to Apply for University of Copenhagen PhD position for Medical Doctors
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Candidates interested in working at BRIC, University of Copenhagen, must apply online using the UCPH online job application system by clicking APPLY NOW.
- The following items must be included in the application, written in English:
- In accordance with the European Data Protection Law, personal information is collected.
- Information about your degree, including a copy of your diploma and complete transcripts of your records (MSc and BSc)
- CV includes the following information:
- Publications (highlighting effect and contribution), research and/or clinical experience and key outcomes, posters or lectures at meetings, awards, fellowships, and other scientific interests and achievements
- Technology transfer, scientific teaching, and/or public engagement initiatives are examples of outreach.
- Motivation letter (cover letter), indicating ideal host laboratory/PI and research fields (maximum two).
- Two referees make contact.
- English proficiency documentation (international test)
Please note that the application requires the use of the obligatory templates listed on the EMERALD homepage.
Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered.
University of Copenhagen PhD position for Medical Doctors Deadline
Deadline: The application deadline is December 5th, 2021, 23.59 pm Central European Time.
Click Here for More Details
Recommend for You: