In the academic year 2022, the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences will provide scholarship to international students.
The UCAS Scholarship for International Students was established by the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) to support young talents from around the world who wish to pursue a Master’s or Doctoral degree, attend courses, conduct research, or pay academic visits at UCAS faculties/CAS institutes.
International graduate students presently enrolled at foreign institutions are also encouraged to apply for combined programs.
There are two types of scholarships available: full scholarships and half scholarships.
The full scholarship includes tuition, a monthly stipend, basic housing, and medical insurance, while the partial scholarship just pays a portion of the Full’s expenses.
Since 2016, the Scholarship has mostly supported Master and doctorate students.
RELATED: Borno State Scholarship 2022: Requirements and How to Apply
Worth of Award
Tuition fee exemption by UCAS;
- Doctoral students would be free from the RMB 40,000/year tuition cost.
- A tuition price of RMB 30,000 per year would be waived for master’s students.
- A monthly tuition cost of RMB 2,600 will be waived for regular visiting students.
- Senior visiting students would be excused from the RMB 3,000/month tuition cost.
- Monthly stipend; Doctoral students, senior visiting students, and students on combined programs get a stipend of RMB 2,500 per month, while Master students and normal visiting students receive RMB 2,000 per month. In addition, based on their academic achievement, the host supervisor and UCAS faculty/CAS institute (hereafter referred to as faculty/institute) give research assistantships for recipients.
- Accommodation is provided by UCAS for recipients from Beijing-based universities and institutions.
- Medical Insurance; the annual cost is RMB 800 and the half-year premium is RMB 400.
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences Scholarship Requirements
- Meet the UCAS admissions requirements for overseas students.
- Obtain consent from a host supervisor as well as the UCAS faculty/CAS institution with whom the supervisor is connected;
- Have a positive attitude toward study and scientific inquiry, as well as excellent academic results;
- At the time of application, you had not accepted any other sponsorship;
- To be considered for a master’s program, you must have been born on or after January 1, 1991. (inclusive).
- Applicants for the PhD program must have been born between January 1, 1986, and December 31, 1986. (inclusive)
- There are no age restrictions for students in joint programs.
- Students who come on a regular basis must have been born after January 1, 1981. (inclusive).
- Senior visiting students must have been born between January 1, 1976, and December 31, 1976. (inclusive).
Be able to communicate in English or Chinese. Applicants whose first language is not English should submit results from the TOEFL or IELTS that have not expired.
TOEFL scores of 90 or above are required, as IELTS scores of 6.5 or higher.
Applicants are only needed to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score if they meet the following criteria:
- English is the native language, or
- Major undergraduate courses are taught in English/Chinese, which should be noted on transcripts, or in both English and Chinese.
- The new HSK Band 5 exam was passed with over 200 points.
Other requirements on applicants on joint programs:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a higher education program in another country.
- The applicant’s foreign higher education institution must have signed a suitable partnership and exchange agreement with CAS/UCAS/CAS institute.
- Students who have been selected should register before November of 2021.
- The duration of the academic visit or joint culture at CAS shall not be less than 6 months.
Other requirements on visiting students:
- Scholars should register before November of 2021.
- Scholars shall be further educated for no shorter than 6 months.
Students who are presently enrolled in Chinese higher education institutions (with the exception of this year’s graduates) are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply for University of Chinese Academy of Sciences Scholarship
- You must enter the UCAS Online Application System for International Students, accurately fill up your personal information, upload legitimate papers necessary for admission, and submit your admission and scholarship applications.
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences Scholarship Deadline
Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2022
Click Here for More Details