Universität Hamburg Germany Merit Scholarships for International Students
The Universität of Hamburg in Germany is accepting applications for its merit scholarships program from international students.
The Hamburg merit scholarships are open to students of all nationalities who are not German citizens.
Universität Hamburg supports excellent foreign students and doctoral researchers in all fields and at all degree levels who are socially committed and actively involved in an international setting through its merit scholarship program. A merit scholarship allows winners to focus entirely on their education while also allowing them to further improve their abilities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Hamburg, Germany
Scholarship Type: Merit Awards
Host Institution(s): University of Hamburg, Germany
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: All degree levels
Nationality: All Nationalities
Universität Hamburg Germany Merit Scholarships
If you meet certain criteria, you may be eligible for financial assistance.
- having spent at least two semesters at Universität Hamburg studying your topic and are seeking a degree (students in two-year master’s degree programs and doctoral researchers can apply after one semester);
- do not have German nationality;
- are not eligible for student loans from the federal government.
- The maximum financing amount each month is €850. Individual doctorate researchers may be given a merit scholarship of €1,000 per month, depending on funding availability (about 2–3 merit scholarships are awarded every cycle).
- Scholarships for merit are given for two semesters (a total of 12 months). You have the option to reapply for a scholarship. The maximum financing length is three years in well-founded extraordinary instances.
How to Apply for the Universität Hamburg Germany Merit Scholarships
The first step in applying for a Hamburg Merits scholarship is to enroll in a university degree program. Then, using the link for your selected application period (you will be asked to check-in using your STiNE ID), apply for scholarships based on deadlines:
- Application form (deadline: 15 April)
- Application form (deadline: 15 October)
After that, you’ll be asked to register and finish your application.
Application Documents: The following documents must be uploaded to the online application portal:
- Recommendation letter in PDF form
- evidence of social and/or intercultural interactions (if applicable)
- STiNE printout or a collection of course certificates serves as a record of accomplishments. The final certificate is submitted by master’s students and doctorate researchers.
- 2 professorial or junior professorial ratings from Universität Hamburg
Other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also provide assessments in warranted instances.
April 15th and October 15th are the deadlines for applications.
For more information, go to the official website.
Recommended for You
- Mistral Scholarships for International Students to Study in France 2022-2023
- Transform Together Undergrad and Postgrad Scholarships for International Students in UK, 2022
- QUEST Scholarships for Engineering Study in UK 2022
- University of Bonn Argelander Scholarships 2022 (Fully Funded to Germany)
- Graduate Scholarships at Khalifa University for International Students (Fully Funded)
- IOE-ISH Centenary Taught Masters Scholarships for International Students at UCL
- Royal Thai Government Scholarships 2022 at Asian Institute of Technology
- PhD Scholarships in Green Cryptocurrency Technologies at RMIT University in Australia 2022
- Without IELTS Canadian Scholarships (2022)
- Development Trust Africa Scholarships for Masters at Loughborough University in UK 2022