United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Fellowship Programme is now accepting applications from adequately qualified candidates.
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is currently accepting applications for its UNAOC Fellowship Programme for 2022. By interacting with young civil society leaders and professionals from Europe, North America (EUNA), the Middle East, and North Africa, the Fellowship Program strives to enhance intercultural interchange and interfaith understanding (MENA). The Program takes participants from each geographic area to their counterparts’ region on two-week exchange tours between EUNA and MENA nations.
The UNAOC Fellowship Program was established in 2010 with the goal of strengthening the worldwide resolve to live together in mutual tolerance and respect by fostering conversation and collaboration across cultures and communities. The Program was established in response to the need for greater understanding among peoples and cultures in the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, and North America.
The Fellowship exposes participants to diversity firsthand and allows them to engage in cultural immersion while meeting with a diverse spectrum of local actors and partners. Participants are given critical comprehension tools in each nation they visit to help them appreciate the diversity of their surroundings and get a comprehensive understanding of the host country’s culture, politics, society, religion, media, and more.
The Fellowship Programme strives to challenge views and dismantle prejudices by exposing participants to fresh ideas and viewpoints and immersing them in culturally varied places. Building on this, participants are better able to position themselves as educated stakeholders and build cross-cultural alliances while bridging gaps between individuals of various religions and cultures.
The theme of the Fellowship 2022 is “Countering discrimination and racism: the nexus to building pluralistic and diverse societies”. The choice of the theme stems from UNAOC’s core mandate of tackling racism and discrimination and finding ways to address the root causes of polarization within and between societies.
United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Fellowship Eligibility
Participants must be between the ages of 25 and 35, and must be from the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, or North America. They must be passionate about intercultural contacts and collaboration in order to confront and dismantle hate speech and stereotypes.
To apply, applicants must have two requirements:
- They have to be nationals of EUNA* or MENA** countries
- EUNA* countries;*Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo* (References to Kosovo shall be understood to be in the context of Security Council resolution 1244 – 1999), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- MENA** countries; **Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, State of Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
- Be between the ages of 25 and 35 (born between 1 January 1987 and 31 December 1997).
- Be able to communicate in English.
- Have substantial experience in peacebuilding/conflict prevention and/or combating racism and prejudice.
- Understand the United Nations and its global agenda.
- Have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months beyond September 2022. (1 April 2023 and beyond).
- Must not have previously participated in any UNAOC program.
The jury will also make sure that the final selection is:
- Gender balanced
- Geographically balanced
- Limited to two participants per country
- Professionally balanced with no more than a third of participants working in the same sector or industry.
How to Apply for United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Fellowship
Please submit your whole application by Sunday, June 5, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Only complete the following application if you fulfill all of the aforementioned qualifying requirements.
- The application must be completed entirely in English.
- The application must be filled out completely and honestly.
- Make certain you include all relevant paperwork.
- The resume must be written in English.
- Only the essential papers should be attached.
Only submissions that are complete, satisfy the qualifying requirements, and are received before the deadline will be considered.
Click here to apply for EUNA or MENA.
Deadline: June 5, 2022
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you