The TWAS Research Grants Programme for Interdisciplinary Research: Collaborative Grants 2022 is now accepting applications.
The TWAS Research Grants Program for Collaborative Grants was created in response to the need for scholars in developing countries to collaborate on multidisciplinary projects that combined their skills and knowledge. Grants are given to high-level scientists for multidisciplinary research initiatives under this program. Each funding funds a collaborative study between two Principal Investigators (PIs) in TWAS-identified science-and-technology-lagging countries (S&TLC).
The TWAS Research Grants for Collaborative Research program seeks to:
- In poor nations, strengthen and encourage multidisciplinary scientific research;
- Strengthen the endogenous scientific potential of poor nations;
- Allow experts from underdeveloped nations to collaborate on research initiatives to solve complicated challenges;
- To assist them in combining their diverse abilities in tackling real-life challenges affecting their nations, build and maintain collaborative scientific excellence connections in S&TLC.
- The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency kindly supports the program (Sida). The money will go toward research projects from S&TLCs that are in desperate need of fundamental research instruments.
Worth of Grant
A maximum of USD 30,000 per Principal Investigator is available under the Collaborative Grant.
The funds, which typically last for 24 months, may be used to acquire scientific equipment and supplies. They don’t pay researcher and/or student wages, field expenditures, or travel costs. Purchases of computers, iPads, drones, and research animals are also not permitted.
TWAS Research Grants | Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have received TWAS Research Grants in the past (either Individual or Group). One of the Principal Investigators (PI) must be from an LDC, while the other may come from any of the STLC countries.
- Two well-established researchers from a developing country who possess a PhD and have a track record of publications in international journals must apply as Principal Investigators. The award must be used at a university or research institution in one of the S&TLCs, and two Principal Investigators must submit a single application. Additional members may be included by the PIs, such as researchers, PhD and MSc students, technicians, and so on. The PIs have no age restrictions.
- Both PIs must be from two distinct countries: one from an LDC and the other from the remaining STLC list.
- To guarantee that the research project is multidisciplinary, both PIs must work in distinct domains.
- The applications must have a gender balance with one female PI and one male PI.
- Applicants must not hold a current research grant with TWAS or OWSD at the time of submission.
- PIs must submit a good Research Proposal; see AuthorAID for more information on how to construct research proposals.
- Both PIs must have successfully completed and submitted a final report on a prior TWAS award.
How to Apply for the TWAS Research Grants
Before beginning to fill out the application form, they encourage you to read the rules carefully.
Applications for TWAS Research Grants may now be filed online using the “Apply Now” link at the bottom of this page.
Please keep in mind that a researcher may only apply for one kind of award at a time (individual applicant, research unit, collaborative grant, IsDB, or OWSD Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) Fellowship). Applicants cannot apply for other TWAS programs in the same year, such as postdoctoral, Visiting Scholar, or Visiting Researcher, in order to remain in their home country for the term of the award.
Please contact the TWAS Research Grants office with any questions at [email protected]
Deadline: Application submissions must be received by May 11, 2022. It is highly advised that you should not wait until the last minute to submit your application. Instead, submit your application as soon as possible so that it may be processed as swiftly as feasible.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You