TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for Young Scientists
TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for Young Scientists is now accepting applications from eligible candidates.
The TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is currently accepting applications for the 2022/2023 academic year. The Fellowship is for young scientists from underdeveloped countries (other than Pakistan) who want to perform postdoctoral research in physical sciences at the National Centre for Physics (NCP) in Islamabad.
TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowships are available at the National Centre for Physics’ departments and labs for a minimum of six months to a maximum of twelve months in one of the following fields:
- Plasma Physics.
- High Energy Physics (Experimental and Theoretical).
- Quantum Information.
- Applications of Ion Beam Techniques using Tandem Accelerator (5MV).
- Atomic Physics & Spectroscopy.
- Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS).
- Modelling, Simulation & Computing.
- Astrophysics & Cosmology.
- Vacuum Science & Technology (Vacuum Standards, Vacuum Coating & Material).
- Additive manufacturing.
- 3D printing and Artificial Intelligence.
Cost: NCP will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility
- A permanent resident of a developing nation is required (other than Pakistan).
- No visa for temporary or permanent residence in Pakistan or any other developed nation is allowed.
- possess a doctorate in a natural scientific discipline.
- You must apply for the fellowship within five years after receiving your PhD in a natural scientific discipline.
- Undertake a research assignment in a poor nation (other than Pakistan) on a regular basis.
- A certificate of good health from a licensed medical professional.
- Produce a valid Acceptance Letter from NCP Requests for acceptance should be made to the Collaboration & Academic Activities Directorate (CAADGeneral )’s Manager (GM) ([email protected]), who will designate a host supervisor. Applicants must provide a copy of their CV and a research project outline with their request for an acceptance letter to the GM, CAAD. See the example preliminary acceptance letter below, which you may download or submit in your online application.
- Provide proof of English competence if your primary language of instruction was not English.
- Show proof that she will return to her native nation when the fellowship is over.
- A fellow is not permitted to accept other positions throughout the fellowship time.
- Be financially liable for any family members that accompany you.
How to Apply for TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship
Applicants must present an Acceptance Letter from NCP at the time of application, or before the deadline. The application will not be considered for selection until it has received preliminary approval.
Deadline: May 31, 2022
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you
- UNU Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector
- Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship for International Scholars, 2022
- United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Fellowship Programme, 2022
- APrIGF-APSIG Joint Fellowship Program, 2022 (Funded to Singapore)
- Climate Leadership Fellowship 2022 for Youth in Nigeria (Win N50,000)