TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries
The TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship is open to young scientists from poor countries (other than Pakistan) who want to undertake research leading to a Ph.D. in chemical and biological sciences.
TWAS and the International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) have teamed together to provide a fellowship targeted at advancing chemical and biological research.
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowships are available for studies leading to a Ph.D. degree in organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology, physical chemistry, or analytical chemistry at the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS), which includes the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular and Drug Research.
To be eligible for the fellowship, applicants must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program in their native country (SANDWICH option). The Fellowship may be given for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months, subject to ICCBS approval.
Company/Organisation(s): TWAS and ICCBS
Program Type: Postgraduate Fellowship
Program Location: Pakistan
Program Duration: 6-12 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Master’s degree
Nationality: Developing Countries
- Be at least 35 years old on December 31st of the application year.
- Possess a Master’s degree in a natural scientific discipline.
- Be citizens of a developing country (not Pakistan).
- Must not be in possession of any visa allowing temporary or permanent residence in Pakistan or any other developed nation.
- Obtain a certificate of good health from a licensed physician.
- Be registered Ph.D. students in their home country and produce the HOME university’s “Registration and No Objection Certificate”.
- Submit an official ICCBS Preliminary Acceptance Letter (see sample preliminary acceptance letter that can be downloaded below or included in the application form). Requests for acceptance should be sent to Prof. M.I. Choudhary ([email protected], [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]), who will designate a host supervisor. Applicants must provide a copy of their CV, a research project outline, and two reference letters with their request for a preliminary acceptance letter to Prof. Choudhary.
- Provide proof of English competence if your first language of instruction was not English.
- Show proof that she will return to her native nation when the fellowship is over.
- Not accept any other tasks during the fellowship period.
- Be financially liable for any family members that accompany you.
How to Apply: Interested applicants for the TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship are to complete an online application. Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED.
Application Deadline: 4 July 2022
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you
- IIE-SRF Fellowship Global Programme in USA 2022 (Get $25,000)
- Alfred Friendly Investigative Reporting Fellowship in USA 2023
- Center for Fiction/Susan Kamil Emerging Writer Fellowships 2022 ($5,000 grant)
- Marvel Masters Fellowships for Female Students in Switzerland 2022
- Civic Spring Fellowship National Program 2022 for Youth-led Organisations (up to $25,000)