TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme, 2022/2023 (Funded)
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme, 2022/2023 is designed for young scientists from poor nations (other than Thailand).
The TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2022/2023 is now accepting applications. The program is designed for young scientists from poor nations (other than Thailand) who want to pursue advanced biotechnology research at Thailand’s National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC).
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are available for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months at BIOTEC and its linked research units and are offered to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) to allow them to continue advanced biotechnology research. BIOTEC is looking for a postdoctoral researcher with experience in biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, and biosensors technology.
- Applicants must be citizens of developing nations (other than Thailand).
- No visas for temporary or permanent residence in Thailand or any other developed nation are allowed.
- A Ph.D. in biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, biosensors technology, or similar subjects is required.
- Meet the qualifications for a postdoctoral job at BIOTEC or one of its research groups. Please go HERE for more information about the role.
Apply for the fellowship within FIVE years after receiving your Ph.D. in one of the natural science subjects listed above.
- They must be under the age of 40 at the time they submit their application. NB. If an applicant reaches 40 on June 15, for example, he or she should submit the application no later than June 15.
Hold a research assignment in a research and/or teaching institution in their native country on a regular basis.
- Provide a copy of BIOTEC’s official acceptance letter. Acceptance requests should be sent to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (email [email protected]), which will designate a host supervisor. When contacting BIOTEC, candidates must provide a copy of their CV, a research project outline, a doctoral degree transcript, a dissertation abstract, a statement of purpose, and three reference letters with their request for an Acceptance Letter. See the example preliminary acceptance letter below, which you may download or attach with your application.
- If the medium of instruction was not English, provide proof of English ability.
- Provide proof that she will return to her native nation when the fellowship is over.
- She/he must not accept any other responsibilities throughout the fellowship time.
- Be financially responsible for any family members that accompany you.
Fellowship: BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from the BIOTEC Research Support Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
Deadline: August 1, 2022
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you
- One Million Leaders Africa Fellowship Program, 2022/2023
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships for Researchers in Canada 2022 ($70,000)
- African Economic Research Consortium PhD Fellowships for African Economists, 2022/2023
- Barbro Klein Fellowship Programme on Global Cultural and Social Diversity in Sweden 2023
- TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries
- Center for Fiction/Susan Kamil Emerging Writer Fellowships 2022 ($5,000 grant)
- Civic Spring Fellowship National Program 2022 for Youth-led Organisations (up to $25,000)