DARE PhD Scholarships are available at the University of Sydney for excellent students in Engineering areas. The grant is open to both local and foreign students who plan to begin their studies in the academic year 2022-2023.
For up to three years, the scholarship will grant the main stipend allowance of $40,000 per year (fixed rate). Applicants who hold an RTP stipend allowance may be eligible for a supplemental stipend allowance of $10,000 per year (fixed rate) for up to three years.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Type: Research Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Worth: Primary stipend allowance of $40,000 per annum
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD or Masters by Research)
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
The University of Sydney DARE PhD Scholarships | Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for the DARE PhD Scholarships in Engineering at the University of Sydney must satisfy the following requirements:
- Applicants must have received an unconditional offer of full-time study in a PhD or Masters by Research program at the University of Sydney’s Faculty of Engineering.
- if you are originally enrolled in a master’s by research program and want to transfer to a PhD program after passing the first Progress Review interview at the University of Sydney’s Faculty of Engineering
- To apply for an open project mentioned by that Supervisor as part of this scholarship, you must have a support letter from your desired research supervisor in the Faculty of Engineering or Faculty of Science in your application for admission.
- Applicants must have an Australian bachelor’s degree with honors (first class or second class upper) in a relevant area or an Australian standard master’s degree in engineering or science with a major research component of at least 25% of the final year.
- For up to three years, the scholarship will grant the main stipend allowance of $40,000 per year (fixed rate).
- Applicants who hold an RTP stipend allowance may be eligible for a supplemental stipend allowance of $10,000 per year (fixed rate) for up to three years.
- The scholarship is contingent on excellent academic achievement, and the winner may request a six-month extension of the stipend allowance.
How to Apply for the University of Sydney DARE PhD Scholarships
Engineering students who apply for the Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship will be evaluated for this fellowship automatically. It is not necessary to submit a separate application. You must have applied for the RTP Award (local or international) and your research supervisor must be a DARE Centre researcher to be eligible for this scholarship.
Please see the DARE Centre for a complete list of initiatives linked with this scholarship.
Application Deadline: Currently Accepting Applications
Recommended for You
- British Council Scholarships 2022 for Women in STEM to Study in the UK
- (ISC)² Undergraduate Scholarships for Information Security Professionals 2022
- List of Top Scholarships in Ukraine Without IELTS
- Argelander Scholarships for Doctoral Candidates from Developing Countries at the University of Bonn Germany 2022
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Scholarships 2022-2023
- Development Trust Africa Scholarships for Masters at Loughborough University in UK 2022
- Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships at University of Nottingham 2022/23
- UNSW Scholarships for International Students for Studies in Australia 2022-2023
- Top 7 Italy Scholarships Without IELTS [Fully Funded]
- Fully-funded King’s College London Africa International PGR Scholarships 2022-2023