One Young World – Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs ‘Enterprise for Peace’ Scholarship (Fully Funded to attend the OYW2022 Summit in Tokyo, Japan) – 2022
2,000 young leaders from 190+ nations will gather in Tokyo for the One Young World Summit 2022, a worldwide platform for young leaders. Delegates will propose and discuss solutions to our time’s most urgent problems alongside top leaders at the Summit.
Underemployment and a lack of job prospects are two of the most pressing socio-economic and security issues we face, both of which are exacerbated by the youth bulge that exists in many nations across the globe.
Youth unemployment may increase poverty, violent extremism, political instability, drug addiction, and crime, in addition to its direct effects on young people.
By helping local businesses and job development, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) prioritizes improving young people’s chances in a variety of developing nations and unstable states.
One Young Globe, according to the MFA, provides a fantastic chance for young people to become active, participate in and expand on successful projects, and connect with other changemakers across the world.
That is why the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs partners with One Young World to offer scholarships to delegates attending the worldwide Summit on youth employment for successful and peaceful communities.
The initiative’s goals are as follows:
- Empowering young people to generate long-term employment possibilities in certain areas.
- Using young people’s potential for employment creation as broadly as possible, and emphasizing their potential as a solution for building wealthy and peaceful communities.
- Raising awareness about young unemployment and sharing best practices on the topic.
Requirement For The One Young World Summit 2022
- By the day of the One Young World Summit in May 2022, they will be between the ages of 18 and 34.
- Candidates must be actively involved in youth employment and job development, either as entrepreneurs or in a comparable capacity (and be able to demonstrate this)
- Algeria, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Senegal, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, Uganda are among the nations eligible for the scholarship. Candidates who have been granted refugee status are unquestionably qualified.
- Between the 13th and the 20th of May 2022, you will be eligible to join the program full time.
Selected Enterprise for Peace Scholars will get the following benefits*:
- Access to the Dutch MFA’s pre-Summit program (location t.b.a.)
- Access to the One Young World Summit, which will take held in Tokyo, Japan from May 16 to 19, 2022.
- Travel to and hotel accommodation in the pre-Summit site and Tokyo on a shared basis, as well as return travel to the place of origin.
- During the One Young World Summit and the pre-Summit program, catering will cover breakfast, lunch, and supper.
- Between the One Young World Summit hotel and the Summit site, transportation is provided.
- Various media sources have profiled me.
Criteria for Evaluation
Successful students will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven commitment to making a good influence on their communities via (social) entrepreneurship;
- In their communities, shown leadership abilities (role models);
- A capability for creativity and problem-solving based on value;
- A sense of urgency about local and/or global problems;
- The capacity to come up with and communicate powerful ideas;
- The capacity to collaborate and operate as a team to achieve a common objective.
- Tokyo, Japan
- November 15th 2021
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the One Young World – Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs ‘Enterprise for Peace’ Scholarship