The Teach for Nigeria Fellowship Program 2022 is now accepting applications.
Teach For Nigeria is a two-year full-time paid fellowship program that places excellent graduates and professionals to teach in Nigeria’s under-served schools in low-income regions.
Teach For Nigeria is a transformative leadership program that trains Fellows with transferrable leadership abilities to influence change in the communities they serve outside of the classroom.
The two-year commitment is required to have the desired effect on student progress. Fellows polish their teaching abilities and build respect and trust among many stakeholders within the school community and among students throughout their first year.
Fellows are able to generate considerable academic advances for students as a result of this. Fellows continue to work on their community projects in the second year to increase their influence. Throughout the two years, you will work to change yourself as a student, as a leader, and as a member of your school and community.
The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship is a remunerated opportunity.
You are a member of a movement of young leaders fighting to address educational disparity as a Teach For Nigeria Fellow. In addition, the following are some of the advantages of becoming a Fellow:
- The chance to be a part of a movement that is transforming lives and changing society.
- Training in leadership development is extensive.
- Teacher education programs are intensive.
- From the start, you’ll be held accountable.
- Being a member of a worldwide network of change agents from over 60 nations is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Access to a Mentoring Program, which provides a once-in-a-lifetime chance for career and personal growth.
- Professional growth, coaching, business training, skill seminars, and a network of supporters are all available to you.
- Participation in a subsidized professional diploma in education program is available.
- Possibility of designing and implementing a social change initiative
- A two-year stipend, which includes school vacations.
Requirements for the Teach for Nigeria Fellowship Program
Open to top Nigerian graduates and professionals;
You may apply for the Fellowship if you already have an Education Qualification to teach in public schools.
No prior teaching experience is required. Many of the Fellows come from non-educational intellectual backgrounds and have no previous teaching experience. They provide you with the required information and abilities to succeed in the classroom throughout their training programs.
How to Apply for the Teach for Nigeria Fellowship Program
The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship is a highly competitive program that draws applicants from a variety of subjects, institutions, and backgrounds. They choose the applicants who have the most potential to make a difference during and after the Fellowship via a three-stage procedure.
Stage 1: fill out the application form: Your application will help them understand your background, motivation for joining Teach For Nigeria, and why you would be a good match for the program.
Stage 2: Online Exam: If they think you’d be a good match for the fellowship based on your application, you’ll be moved on to the next level and provided a link to complete an online test.
Stage 3: Assessment Center: If you pass the online exam, you’ll be invited to the Assessment Center, the last stage of the selection process. You’ll be asked to do a 5-minute micro-teaching, a critical thinking exam, a group activity, and a one-on-one interview with your assessors.
Deadline for application: April 11, 2022
Recommended for You
- ARTICLE 19 Internet of Rights Fellowship 2022-2023
- Donald W Reynolds Journalism Institute Fellowships 2022 for U.S. Citizens
- OWSD PhD Fellowship Program 2022 for Women Scientists (Funded)
- Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme (2022)
- Twitter EMEA Public Policy Fellowship (2022)
- University of Denver Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022 [International Studies]
- Google News Initiative Student Fellowship in Europe (Paid) – 2022
- Cancer Research Institute (CRI) Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022
- Joan Shorenstein Fellowship Program at Harvard Kennedy School 2022-2023 (Stipend of $30,000)
- Mercatus MA Fellowship at George Mason University in USA 2022