South African Reserve Bank Art Scholarship (2022). The South African Reserve Bank (the Bank) has a large art collection that spans the early twentieth century to the present day and includes works in a variety of mediums.
The SARB gives an annual art scholarship to a final year Fine Art student at a university or university of technology in the Gauteng Province of South Africa as part of its commitment to encourage and cultivate a new generation of South African artists.
Requirements for South African Reserve Bank Art Scholarship:
- The art scholarship is open to students who will be entering their final year of an undergraduate Fine Art degree in 2022.
- The scholarship is open to students registered at a university or university of technology in the Gauteng province.
- The value of the art scholarship is R50 000 (Fifty Thousand rand).
- As part of the art scholarship, the student will participate in a mentorship programme and will be expected to donate one artwork from his/her graduate show to the SARB.
Application Procedure for South African Reserve Bank Art Scholarship:
- Documentation to be submitted·
- Completed application form. Photographic reproductions of three to five artworks.
- An artist statement (maximum 300 words about yourself, your art, why you think you should receive this scholarship and your need for financial support).
- A full academic transcript until 2022.
- A certified copy of your South African identity document (all applicants must be South African citizens).
How to submit your application:
- Submit the required information electronically to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
- The deadline for submissions is 25 February 2022.
- Selection process.
- Applicants will be shortlisted on artwork submitted, artist statement and academic results.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed at the Bank’s Head Office in Pretoria.
- A final decision will be made once the applicants have submitted their final results for 2021.
Application Deadline: 25 February 2022.
Visit the official website of the South African Reserve Bank Art Scholarship
Recommeded for You