Scholarships in Canada for International Students in 2022
There are so many Scholarships in Canada for International Students which you can start submitting your application immediately.
However, this article is all about introducing you to the top scholarships in Canada for international students.
As an international student, Canada has tons of fully-funded scholarships for you.
Each year, over 5,000 scholarships are awarded to international students in Canada who wishes to study in Canada.
Moreover, scholarships in Canada is not much as scholarships in the United State or even compare with the United Kingdom.
Thou, the comparison is not similar, but Canada has turned out to be the most interesting study environment in the world.
Their academic is one of the best in the world compare to other countries.
Nevertheless, to help you focus on what matters and start sending your application to the right university.
ScholarshipUpdate has compiled the list of top 10 international scholarships in Canada for you.
All that you need is to go through the list and choose the one that meets your personal and academic goals.
All these scholarships have different requirements.
Each candidate needs to meet the following criteria before applying.
Moreover, it’s advisable to submit your application ahead of the deadline.
Ensure that all your required documents will be ready before you proceed.
If you’re ready, let’s get started with the list of top 10 scholarships in Canada that any student can apply for immediately.
7 Scholarships in Canada for International Undergraduate Students in 2022.
Here are the top 7 scholarships in Canada for international undergraduate students with good academic achievement but low economic backgrounds.
1. York University International Scholarship.
This scholarship is provided by York University in Canada for international students with excellent academic records.
It’s a full scholarship in Canada for international students and valid for four years study program.
Moreover, an applicant can be eligible for this scholarship if he or she meets the York University undergraduate requirement.
The scholarship worth is $60,000 – $100,000 for the duration of a four-year degree program.
The candidate must have applied for a full-time undergraduate program and meet all the institution eligibility.
Moreover, it’s not all the faculties in the university that are eligible for the scholarship award.
Here are the eligible faculties for the York university international scholarship award.
- Performance & Design
- Environmental Studies
- Education; Glendon
- Lassonde School of Engineering
- Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- The Schulich School of Business
If your major is included in the list then you can proceed to see the eligibility requirement for international students.
The scholarships requirement includes.
- You must be an international student.
- Have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must apply for an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall/Winter
- You must have at least one “A” in your result.
Moreover, applicants who have graduated from high school for more than two years will not be considered.
The same with candidates who have previously attended university or college will not be considered.
If you think you have met all the requirements and ready to submit your application to the university.
You can do that by using this application link.
The application portal opens on December 7 and closes on February 1
All your documents must be received before that date.
2. University of British Columbia Scholarships
This is another highly available scholarship in Canada for any international student irrespective of your citizenship.
The university uses this scholarship to recognize the academic achievement of outstanding students.
Moreover, priority is not given to any country as it’s based on eligibility and students’ needs.
Every year, over $10 million is devoted to international students in support of their academic goals.
However, you can apply for either;
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award, or
- Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award
These are the scholarships in the University of British Columbia that any international students at the institution.
Moreover, to be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other universities.
- Applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- Must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
If you meet the following requirements then you can submit your online application through the official scholarship website.
The online application portal will open for nomination from November 1 and closes on January 5 each year.
However, there are other scholarships at the University of British Columbia to which you can apply.
Those scholarships are;
- International Major Entrance Scholarships
- Outstanding International Student Awards.
You can submit your application for the above scholarship here.
Note that applicants are to submit applications for only one of those scholarships to be considered.
3. Carleton Prestige Scholarships
Carleton University offers the following Prestige scholarships to outstanding incoming undergraduate students with an admission average of 90% better.
Here are the following Prestige scholarships at Carleton University in Canada.
- Chancellor’s Scholarship ($30,000 – four years)
- Richard Lewar Entrance Scholarship ($6,500 in the first year and $5,000 in second, third, and fourth-year)
- Carleton University Scholarship of Excellence ($20,000 – four years)
- Carleton University SHAD Scholarship ($20,000 – four years)
- Riordon Scholarship (full tuition fees for 4 years)
- Collins Prestige Scholarship (full tuition fees for 4 years)
You will be considered for Prestige scholarships only if you are entering Carleton directly from high school or CEGEP.
Students who have previously attended a post-secondary educational institution (either college or university) are not eligible for these awards.
For all prestige scholarships, you must achieve an admission average of 90 percent or better.
The selection committee will also assess the range of your community or secondary school extra-curricular activities.
One application form is used for all the prestigious scholarships.
However, only international students seeking admission placement in any 4 years undergraduate degree programs will be considered.
You can submit your online application through this link.
The application submission deadline for each academic year is March 1.
4. Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto, Canada.
However, the scholarship recognizes international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity.
It mostly focuses on applicants who were recognized as leaders within their secondary schools.
The award is a full scholarship in Canada.
It covers the candidate’s tuition fees, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for the duration of its study.
For you to be eligible for this scholarship award, applicants must meet the following requirements.
- You must be an international student.
- Currently in your final year of secondary school or,
- Have graduated no earlier than June of the previous year
- Ready to study at the University of Toronto Campus (full-time).
Moreover, if you are an applicant already attending university or college then you’ll not be considered.
Same with applicants who have attended a university, polytechnic, or college cannot be accepted for the scholarship award.
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto.
In addition to that, candidates must be nominated by their respective secondary schools by submitting this form directly to the university.
Once the University of Toronto received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university.
The Applicant can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application on or before the deadline on 18 January
Nevertheless, the secondary school you attend must submit the nomination form before 30 November.
You are also required to send in your application for admission between November till December 14.
Each year, approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
Those students are only undergraduate degree applicants.
5. Calgary International Entrance Scholarships
The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship is a prestigious award that recognizes outstanding accomplishments.
However, only international students who want to undergo an undergraduate degree program at the University of Calgary are eligible.
Moreover, the scholarship award will cover the tuition fees at the institution for 4 years with a total sum of $60,000.
Applicants are to achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units to continually renew the offer yearly.
Looking at the eligibility requirements for the scholarship award.
You are to be an international student.
However, you have been registered for a full-time bachelor’s degree course in any faculty of the university.
This means that applicant who hasn’t been considered for admission into the university will not be considered for the scholarship award.
To be considered for a scholarship, candidates must normally present a minimum GPA of 3.20 from/her high school result.
You must also satisfy the university’s English Language Proficiency requirement.
If you’re eligible for the award, you can start submitting your online application form through this link.
The University of Calgary application deadline for Fall admission is 15 December (early admission) and 1 March (standard admission).
In addition to that, the scholarship application deadline for the International Entrance Scholarship is 1 December.
All your documents must meet the admission office on or before these deadlines.
6. Winnipeg President’s Scholarships
Winnipeg presidential scholarships are yet another renounced scholarship in Canada for international students.
Applicants must have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent.
You must also be involved in activities that demonstrate leadership.
Each year, this scholarship award is given to 53 international undergraduate and graduate applicants.
To be eligible for this scholarship award, you must meet the following criteria.
- Be an international student.
- Have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent.
- Entering the first year of the undergraduate degree program.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities.
- Submit a complete admission application.
If you meet the following requirement then it’s time you submit your application before the deadline.
A completed application package includes the following:
- A completed online application form.
- One 250-500 word personal statement.
- A curriculum vitae.
- Two references who can speak to your extra-curricular/volunteer activities.
- Please send your complete application, including supporting documents, in one PDF document to [email protected]
Applicants must complete an online application for admission into The University of Winnipeg.
You must submit all your supporting documents before the scholarship deadline.
Moreover, the Winnipeg President’s Scholarships application deadline is usually on 1 June every year.
More information can be extracted from the official scholarship website.
Can I work in Canada with these Scholarships?
All international students irrespective of self-sponsored or scholarship are eligible to work in Canada with their study permit up to 20 hours per week.
Can I apply for these scholarships with an International Passport?
You can submit your application even when you haven’t applied or have an international passport.
However, you must ensure that your international passport will be ready when you’ve been offered admission to the university.
Thou, some scholarships in Canada can cover these expenses for you.
Related International Scholarships
- PEO International Peace Scholarships for Women
- 10 Hot Scholarships in Canada | Canadian Scholarships
- Donald A. Wehrung International Scholarship in Canada
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Science Students
- Loneragan Family International Scholarship in Australia
- Korean Government Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Terry Healy Memorial Scholarships At University of Waikato