Scholarships in Canada for International Students Without IELTS: For overseas students who are serious about furthering their education, studying in Canada may be a very exciting and gratifying experience.
This is because Canadian institutions are recognized for their academic and research prowess, as well as their willingness to accommodate foreign students from all walks of life.
Some overseas students, on the other hand, may find it difficult to sit for and pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is an international standardized exam of English language competency for non-native English speakers.
The British Council and IDP jointly operate it.
If you are an international student, you need not be concerned since there are institutions and schools where you may apply for admission without having to take the IELTS.
Here is a list of Scholarships in Canada for International Students Without IELTS scores.
Scholarships in Canada for International Students without IELTS
McGill University Scholarship
McGill Institution is a well-known Canadian university known for its academic and research achievements.
If an overseas student’s mother tongue (language learned initially and still used on a daily basis) is English, the university offers resources for them.
If the student has earned (or is about to earn) a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a recognized institution where English is the primary language of teaching.
Also, if the student has spent at least four years living, attending university, or working in a place where English is the recognized major language.
University of Alberta Scholarship
The University of Alberta, situated in Edmonton, Alberta, is one of Canada’s top five universities, with 40,000 students enrolled in a range of disciplines.
International students may also take advantage of valuable scholarships and financing opportunities at the university.
The University of Alberta has created arrangements for overseas students who do not have an IELTS score to be accepted to its programs using the following options:
- The University of Alberta recognizes previous English education.
- Complete the Bridging Program at the University of Alberta.
- Completing specific University of Alberta-approved courses and earning a particular minimum grade in those courses.
- Complete an English Language Proficiency exam and get the University’s minimal score.
University of Montreal Scholarships
- The Université de Montréal (UdeM) is one of the world’s premier research institutions, with roots in Montreal and an eye on the worldwide horizon.
- In addition, UdeM provides world-class education in all disciplines of study and emphasizes interdisciplinary methods.
- You’ll find everything you need for an unforgettable foreign adventure that will broaden your perspectives.
- A Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ), a study permit, and, in rare situations, a guest visa from the Government of Canada are all required to study at the University.
- The university offers a number of scholarships to help overseas students pursue their academic goals.
- The UdeM exemption scholarship program, for example, is aimed to assist overseas students in their university studies.
University of Toronto Scholarships
The Institution of Toronto is Canada’s most prestigious university, with a long history of defying the odds and changing society through the brilliance and determination of its staff, students, alumni, and supporters.
Students who do not have evidence of English language competency are given special consideration at the University of Toronto.
This is one of the major colleges in Canada that offers scholarships to students who do not have an IELTS score.
Unless you qualify for an exception, you must submit proof of appropriate English proficiency if English is not your first language (i.e., it was not the first language you learned at home as a kid).
If you meet one of the following criteria, you may be excluded from the English facility requirement:
- You have completed/are currently completing four or more years of full-time academic study in an English-taught Canadian school (in Canada).
- You have completed/are currently completing four or more years of full-time academic study at an English language school in a country where English is the primary language.
- You have four or more years of full-time academic education in a Canadian school and speak French as your native language.
University of Waterloo Scholarships
The University of Waterloo in Canada is well-known for its commitment to fostering global problem-solving innovation.
The University, which is located on the Haldimand Tract, has over 42,000 students and a worldwide network of over 220,000 alumni in 151 countries.
Waterloo is the best university in Canada for experiential learning and student-employee partnerships.
International students may apply for a variety of scholarships offered by the university.
Students who do not have an IELTS or equivalent English language competence certificate are eligible for the following exemptions:
- In an exempt nation, you have completed three or more years of post-secondary study or a graduate degree. or
- You’ve worked in an exempt nation for at least three years in a job where English was the primary business language. or
- You have three or more years of post-secondary education or a graduate degree from an institution where English is the sole language of instruction according to the International Association of Universities World Higher Education Database (WHED).
Queen’s University Scholarships
Thousands of overseas students attend Queen’s University to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate degrees in Canada.
International students with outstanding academic credentials are eligible for financial aid from the university.
International students who do not have IELTS should take advantage of this chance to study at one of Canada’s top institutions since the following exemptions have been made:
- Students who have lived in a country where English is the acknowledged primary language for the most recent three years prior to beginning their university studies or
- Students who spent the previous three years of their university studies in a full-time educational institution where English was the language of instruction
Since an international student is interested in studying at a Canadian institution, your IELTS test result should not be a deterrent to applying, as there are various choices accessible to individuals who do not have IELTS certification.
As a result, go ahead and apply for admission to Canadian universities that provide exemptions if you match their criteria.
Recommended for You:
- AHRI/UCL MSc Scholarship 2022
- Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships for International Students at AIT Thailand 2022
- International Undergraduate Scholarships at Nottingham Trent University in UK 2022
- ECNU Shanghai Government Scholarships for International Students in China 2022
- University of Auckland Research Masters Scholarships in New Zealand 2022
- Hertie School of Governance Doctoral Scholarship in Germany 2022
- MEXT Hokkaido University Scholarship in Japan 2022