Sanctuary Scholarship for Undergraduate and Masters at Oxford Brookes University, UK is now accepting applications from qualified candidates.
The Oxford Brookes University in the United Kingdom is accepting applications for the Sanctuary Scholarship for the academic year 2022/2023.
This scholarship is for asylum seekers and those who have received some sort of protection as a result of an asylum application yet are unable to get government student aid.
Worth of Award: In 2022/2023 entry there will be two scholarships available which will include:
- A full fee waiver (you do not need to pay fees).
- A cash bursary of £4,000.
- Financial support is equivalent to £8,000 towards accommodation. Those living in halls of residence will automatically receive this support; those in private accommodation will be required to provide proof of living costs as detailed in the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- Guaranteed accommodation in University halls of residence for 52 weeks per year.
Sanctuary Scholarship Eligibility
Students who fulfil the necessary course admission criteria and are not receiving or eligible for government student financial aid are eligible to apply:
- Asylum seeker.
- Unaccompanied asylum-seeking child (UASC).
- Limited leave to remain (LLR).
- Discretionary Leave to remain (DLR).
- Humanitarian protection (HP).
- ‘Inline’ or ‘dependent’ family member of someone with one of the aforementioned immigration categories.
Students who have been offered (or are awaiting a decision) a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught degree, including foundation year courses, will be eligible for the award. Partner College courses are not eligible for credit.
How to Apply for Sanctuary Scholarship
Complete the online application, which includes a space for a personal statement. This part determines if you are eligible for the Sanctuary Scholarship. Please be sure to include the following in your responses:
- Your motivation for pursuing higher education, as well as your long-term goals and objectives, and how your selected degree will help you reach them.
- The challenges you’ve had in furthering your education and how you’ve dealt with them.
- Details about your financial situation and any past financing applications you’ve made.
Applications will only be accepted if they are supported by a signed, dated, and on letterhead paper Referee Supporting Statement. This will have to be included in the online form. In addition, applicants will be asked to provide proof of their immigration status.
If you require a paper copy of the application form please email [email protected].
Deadline: Candidates must apply for the scholarship by the deadline of May 27, 2022. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Recommended for you
- International Freshmen Merit Scholarships at Utah Tech University, USA
- International Faculty of Architecture and Design Scholarships at Ozyegin University
- Faculty of Economics & Administrative Sciences International Scholarships
- PhD Scholarship on the Value of Financial Advice at CBS in Denmark
- Merit Scholarship for International Students at Khazar University, 2022
- Philosophy in Development Management Scholarships for International Students, Ghana