SA-GER CDR Postgraduate Scholarships: These are fully-funded scholarships and internship opportunities to study in South Africa and Germany.
A small number of DAAD merit scholarships are available each year to deserving students from nations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Master’s and doctoral students are encouraged to apply for the full awards. Aside from complete scholarships for participation in one of the above-mentioned programs, each year a limited number of mobility scholarships for Master’s students are available.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): SA-GER CDR/DAAD.
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): SA-GER CDR/ Ruhr-University Bochum
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters and PhD
Nationality: African Students
Postgraduate Scholarships and Internships in the SA-GER CDR | DETAILS
These scholarships are completely sponsored for master’s and doctoral studies in South Africa, as well as a study term in Germany. Full-time students enrolled in the following courses are eligible for scholarships.
- Masters in Development Studies
- Master in Public Administration
- MA in Development Management
- PhD options at the centre (PhD UWC)
SA-GER CDR Postgraduate Scholarships | Eligibility Requirements
Applicants for scholarships should study up on the individual admission criteria and course application process for the school of their choosing before applying. The information may be found in the relevant program areas. All candidates must satisfy the following prerequisites in addition to the program requirements:
- Applicants must be from Africa’s Sub-Saharan region.
- Applicants should have a strong academic record, with a grade point average of at least 70% for their most recent degree.
- Applicants must apply within six years after their prior degree completion.
- The research must have been done in a university that is globally recognized.
- The preceding degree (baccalaureate or master’s degree) should have been in a field linked to Development Studies or Public Administration.
- To be accepted to a Masters degree program in South Africa, students must hold a bachelor’s degree. Other students will need the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must demonstrate their ability to communicate in English, both written and verbal. This might be a TOEFL or other standard exam, as well as a letter from an academic institution.
- A recommended would be work and/or volunteer experience in your subject of interest.
- Women are encouraged to submit applications.
- Students from South Africa are invited to apply.
- Applicants must be able to attend the UWC full-time for the appropriate amount of time.
- The Scholarship Program pays for tuition and registration expenses.
- Plus 650 Euros per month plus travel allowances for Master’s candidates and 900 Euros per month plus travel allowances for PhD applicants.
- Placement in prominent German companies for internships
How to Apply for the SA-GER CDR Postgraduate Scholarships
You will need to complete an electronic application form; the e-form can only be submitted once, so make sure it is complete before sending it!
Please see the “How to Apply” section of the Bochum program or the course homepage for more information about the MADM.
Documents to Upload When Using the E-Form: The documents that must be submitted when using the e-form are listed in the individual “How to Apply” sections of each program!
Information about how to contact us: Please contact [email protected] for further information on the courses or to register.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting an application has yet to be determined.
For more information, go to the official website.
Recommended for You