The Royal Society JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship is currently accepting applications for the academic year 2022/2023.
This program is for UK scientists who are just starting out in their careers and want to undertake research in Japan.
The initiative, which is financed by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), allows highly qualified early career researchers to collaborate with top research groups at universities and other Japanese organizations to perform collaborative research.
JSPS allocates a quota to the Royal Society for this initiative.
The scheme provides funding for between 12 months and two years, covering:
- A one-way plane ticket.
- A monthly stipend of 362,000 yen (about £2,500) is provided.
- A 200,000 yen (about £1,400) settling-in allowance.
- Coverage for accidents and illnesses when traveling abroad.
- To pay cooperative research-related expenditures, a research grant called “Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research” (Tokubetsu Kenkyuin Shorei-hi) is offered. The Japanese host researcher submits an application for these funding via their institution.
Royal Society JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship Requirements
If you meet the following criteria, you may apply for this program:
- has a PhD or will possess a PhD by the time financing begins;
- haven’t had your PhD for more than six years before applying;
- are a UK resident who is also a citizen of a nation with whom Japan has diplomatic ties;
- have an agreement on a study proposal with a Japanese host scientist
Natural science research, which includes but is not limited to biological research, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, and physics, must be conducted within the Royal Society’s scope.
See the Royal Society’s breakdown of topic categories and areas funded for a complete list.
The British Academy is the place to go if you want to do social science research.
Application for Royal Society JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship
Flexi-Grant, the Royal Society’s grants, and awards administration system, should be used to submit applications.
This program is accepting applications until March 9, 2022, at 3 p.m. UK time.
Recommended for You:
- Gordon N Fisher JHR Journalism Fellowship Program in Canada 2022
- Atlas Corps Fellowships for Emerging Leaders from Madagascar in USA 2022
- Alibaba eFounders Fellowship for Digital Entrepreneurs
- Apply for the 1834 Fellowship 2022
- Sankore Fellowship Program for Young Graduates and Professionals
- Foreign Affairs Information Technology Fellowship for U.S. Citizens 2022