Rhodes Scholarships are for young leaders of outstanding intellect and character who are motivated to engage with global challenges, committed to the service of others, and show promise of becoming value-driven, principled leaders for the world’s future.
The Rhodes Scholarships, established in 1903, are the oldest international scholarship programme in the world, and one of the most prestigious.
Administered by the Rhodes Trust in Oxford, the programme offers 100 fully-funded Scholarships each year for postgraduate study at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom – one of the world’s leading universities.
Eligibility Requirements for Rhodes Global Scholarships in UK
Here are the eligibility requirements for Rhodes Global Scholarships
- Academic excellence – specific academic requirements can be found under ‘Eligibility Criteria’ below.
- Energy to use your talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, including where teamwork is involved).
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness, and fellowship.
- The moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in your fellow human beings.
- Eligibility to any other Rhodes Scholarship renders you ineligible to apply for a Global
- In the event that you are qualified to apply by means of any current Rhodes Constituency
- (https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/list-of-rhodes-scholarship-countries/), you must apply there.
Kindly likewise see the data beneath and web-based in regards to between jurisdictional thought – it very well might be to your greatest advantage to seek after that course as opposed to applying for a Global Scholarship, which will probably be the most
- Age: You should be in any of aged 18 and have not arrived at your 24th birthday celebration (for example you probably been brought into the world after 1 October 1997 and at the very latest 1 October 2003).
Or then again (for more established up-and-comers who finished their first college degree later than expected)
ii. You should have not arrived at your 27th birthday celebration (for example have been brought into the world after 1 October 1994) AND you have met or
will meet the necessities for the finish of your first degree on or after 1 October 2021*
- Your institution will decide the date a degree is considered granted. In vague cases, the choice of the National Secretary is conclusive.
You are more likely than not finished (or will have finished by June/July 2022) a college degree with a First Class or least GPA least of 3.70 out of 4.0 (or same).
If it’s not too much trouble, note cautiously the prerequisites for your picked course at Oxford, which might be even higher. Effective up-and-comers ordinarily highlight inside the best couple of positions of their graduating classes
English Proficency Test
You should have an adequately elevated expectation of English to meet the English language proficiency requirement (at the Higher Level recorded) of the University of Oxford.
properly, if your first application was not successful to the Rhodes Scholarships, you may consequently re-apply just again (and this should be in similar supporters), subject to meeting the requirements.
How to Apply for Rhodes Global Scholarships
Applicant cannot submit his or her application to Global Scholarship without proper nomination by the University.
Every university has a predetermined number of selections that they can make every year.
You should enroll the most proper nominator by means of the application structure and once their selection has been gotten, you will be allowed to present your application form.
Moreover, before you can present your application it should be checked by an individual from the staff at Rhodes House to guarantee that you meet the qualification standards.
Once you have finished filling in your details, you will be able to tick a box requesting your requirement check.
The Rhodes House team will then perform the check within 48 hours and you will be informed by email once this is accomplished.
All applications should be forwarded through this link from June 1.
Application Link: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply/
You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by 23:59 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
In preparation for making your application.
You should read carefully the general information, particularly that held on the Scholarships tab, on the Rhodes House website.
The Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document, and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford:
shortlisted candidates might be invited to attend a preliminary interview via Skype.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a social engagement (reception and dinner) and a final interview.
You must be available to attend both, in person, as no accommodations can be made on the date and time, or the mode, of these events.
Interviews will be held at Rhodes House, Oxford, the UK in November.
No candidate will be selected without an interview.
Candidates for the Scholarship invited for the final interview and residing outside of the United Kingdom may apply to the Rhodes Global Scholarships Administrator for financial assistance.
The assistant will help the candidate to travel from their country of origin, provided that the travel could not be funded by their University or other sponsorship sources.
All applicants will be emailed with the outcome of their application.
- Information for Candidates – Global
- Referee Guidance – Global
- Guidance for Nominating Institutions
- FAQs for Nominating Institutions
- Courses covered by the Rhodes Scholarship
Any queries from applicants or nominating institutions can be sent to
For More Information:
Application Deadline: 02 August – 23:59 GMT,
- Undergraduate Merit Scholarship for Project Management at the University of Sydney
- How To Apply For The Social & Inclusive Business Camp
- York University International Scholarship in Canada (2022)
- Federal Government Scholarship for Undergraduate 
- Yobe State Scholarship Board Scheme 2022
- NDDC Scholarship for Postgraduate Students (2022)
- Lagos State Government Scholarship for Indigene 2022