Princeton University START Entrepreneurs Program 2022
The Princeton University START Entrepreneurs Program 2022 is now accepting applications.
START Entrepreneurs is a hybrid program that combines an academic fellowship with a business accelerator.
The program’s purpose is to assist aspiring commercial and social entrepreneurs in turning academic research into high-impact new companies.
START Entrepreneurs spend 12 months on campus working with a Princeton University PI on translational research that leads to new or improved inventions that may be utilized in a for-profit or non-profit business during the Research phase.
START Entrepreneurs get entrepreneurial training and specialized coaching throughout this period.
START Entrepreneurs spend 18 months off-campus at the Princeton Innovation Center BioLabs, working full time on their new company or non-profit organization during the Accelerator phase.
During this time, educational activities and mentoring will continue.
- The program is fully supported, with the Entrepreneur receiving a salary and perks as well as a stipend during the research period. All companies accepted into the Accelerator phase will receive a significant extra investment during the length of the Accelerator phase.
Princeton University START Entrepreneurs Program Requirement
- By the start date of their job, the applicant must have acquired an advanced degree from any institution (no later than September 1, 2022).
- Possess the ability to work in the United States. Applicants must be US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or non-immigrants with unlimited work permission (visa holders).
- PhD candidates are given a strong priority.
Research Proposal Requirements
- This program’s goal is to help entrepreneurs turn academic research into highly influential new businesses.
- All applications must be based on concepts with a high likelihood of becoming scalable and influential spin-offs.
- The proposed research must be closely related to the Princeton academic member who is financing it.
- To become a full-time entrepreneur, you must be dedicated. Other concurrent work activities are not permitted in this program.
Faculty Requirements Sponsorship
- A signed START Faculty Agreement must accompany all faculty nominations.
- If your sponsored faculty member/PI is a Lecturer, their Princeton contract must cover the first 18 months of your employment.
- This initiative aims to promote diversity, equality, and inclusion, as well as encourage and empower entrepreneurs from historically underrepresented groups. Each candidate must explain how their candidacy will help to achieve this aim.
Application for Princeton University START Entrepreneurs Program
- 1 page (maximum 500 words) study proposal
- One page proposal for a startup or non-profit organization of one page (maximum 500 words);
- 1-page personal statement (maximum 500 words) outlining your motivation for becoming an entrepreneur and why you wish to pursue this specific project;
- Statement (up to 200 words) describing how the candidate would promote and develop historically minority enterprises.
- CV; curriculum vitae
- A Faculty Agreement signed by the Princeton professor who will serve as your principal investigator. By contacting Lauren Bender at [email protected], you may acquire this agreement.
- At least two letters of recommendation (not including your sponsoring Princeton faculty member)
- Working ability. Are you a US citizen or do you have a green card? Y/N. Do you have permission to work in the United States if your answer is N? Please elaborate.
- Finalists will be asked to present their business to a panel of judges. When you are told that you are a finalist, you will get information on the pitch.
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 2, 2022
Recommended for You:
- BAT South Africa External Affairs Internship for Recent Graduates 2022
- TikTok Insights Internship program for African Students 2022
- ExxonMobil Graduate Internship for Nurses 2022
- Distell Students Internship Program 2022
- ETH Zurich Summer Internship Program 2022
- International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) Communications Internship 2021
- GTBANK LIMITED Internship Program for OND and Pre-NYSC Graduates