The POWER/Google Women Tech Founders Program 2022 is currently accepting applications.
The Women Tech Founders Program is being hosted by the US Department of State’s Providing Opportunities for Women’s Economic Rise (POWER) Initiative in collaboration with Google’s Women Techmakers.
This virtual program will deliver start-up training from Google’s tech and start-up specialists to women tech entrepreneurs from around the Middle East and North Africa, as well as assist develop a network of future digital changemakers in the area.
Finalists for the program will be chosen via a competitive application process that will run from April 4 through April 30, 2022, with the first program session taking place on June 7, 2022. The program is aimed at women who have started a tech company in the previous two years or who are starting a new tech company with seed money.
Fifty candidates will get training in both technology and business development principles, as well as the chance to learn from and be mentored by Google specialists. The sessions will be targeted to the participants’ skill sets, allowing them to use technology to grow their enterprises. Community building activities will be interspersed between technical workshops, allowing attendees to network and cooperate with other top women in tech in the area, as well as the US and US government authorities. All program sessions will be held virtually and in English.
POWER/Google Women Tech Founders Program | Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must be a woman in charge of a tech business that has:
- A product that is based on technology;
- At the very least, you’ve secured some seed money.
- They have some market traction for their product or service.
- In the Middle East and North Africa area, it is legally registered.
How to Apply for the POWER/Google Women Tech Founders Program
Finalists will be invited to training sessions that will take place over the months of June and July. The dates for the sessions are listed below:
Session 1: June 7, 2022 (Finalists Only)
Session 2: June 21, 2022 (Finalists Only)
Session 3: July 5, 2022 (Finalists Only)
Session 4: July 19, 2022 (Finalists Only)
Applicants should use the online application form to apply. The deadline for applications is April 30, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. In May 2022, the finalists will be revealed.
Deadline: April 30, 2022
Recommended for You
- 100+ Accelerator Program for Startups worldwide 2022 (up to $100K USD)
- Aliko Dangote Foundation – VDMA Technical Training Programme 2022
- AWIEF USAID-funded Program for SMEs Investment and Export Readiness 2022
- World Learning Global Undergraduate Exchange Programme in USA 2022
- TSCNM Admission Form | Basic Midwifery & Community Midwifery Programs, 2022/2023
- Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program (PAYLP) 2022 for Namibians
- JAMII Femmes Programme 2022 for African Women Entrepreneurs
- Africa Talent Programme (ATP) PhD Scholarship at Wageningen University
- LAUTECH 14th Convocation Ceremonies | Programme of Events
- TWAS Research Grants Programme in Basic Sciences (Individuals) in Italy 2022