For the academic term 2022/2023, the Abdus Salam Overseas Centre for Theoretical Physics is presently accepting applications for the ICTP Postgraduate Diploma Program for international students.
ICTP has been a leading force behind worldwide initiatives to promote scientific knowledge in poor countries for more than 50 years.
ICTP, which was founded in 1964 by Nobel Laureate Abdus Salam, aims to fulfill its mission by providing scientists from developing nations with the ongoing education and skills they need to have long and fruitful careers.
By delivering cutting-edge research, education, and training, ICTP has been a significant influence in halting the scientific brain drain from poor countries.
Worth of Award
- Scholarships and travel funds will be offered to ten students from poor countries in each ICTP Postgraduate Diploma Program.
- There are no course costs, and students will receive a monthly stipend of 450 Euros for the duration of their studies.
- ICTP is responsible for providing lodging.
Postgraduate Diploma Program Requirements
To be considered for this program, you must meet the following requirements.
- Be in your early twenties, preferably under the age of 28.
- Be a qualified graduate from one of the United Nations’, UNESCO’s, or IAEA’s member nations.
- Have a degree in physics, mathematics, or an area relevant to the topics mentioned below that is comparable to an MSc (or an extraordinarily excellent BSc). Candidates will be chosen based on their university records as well as academic recommendations.
- Demonstrate your ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- Have a thorough understanding of the following subjects in the area for which you’re applying:
- For Condensed Matter Physics: solid-state physics; quantum mechanics; statistical mechanics; classical mechanics; electrodynamics; mathematical physics. Classical mechanics, electrodynamics, special theory of relativity, quantum mechanics, and statistical mechanics are used in High Energy, Cosmology, and Astroparticle Physics. For Earth System Physics: a theoretical background in physics, mathematics or engineering; mathematical methods applied in geophysics and geosciences. Basic abstract algebra; elements of real and complex analysis; topology (mathematics) For Quantitative Life Sciences: classical mechanics, thermodynamics and statistical mechanics, mathematical methods for physics, basic programming skills.
How to Apply for Postgraduate Diploma Program
When filling out your online application form, be sure to include the following:
- Copies of English-language transcripts of university academic records and degrees. If you are accepted into the program, you will be needed to provide originals or certified copies of your documents, as well as an official English translation.
- Any diplomas or documentation demonstrating your competence to pursue advanced-level courses, research, and publish scientific material in English.
- Two letters of reference, one from a senior scientist acquainted with your research and work and the other from a junior scientist.
Deadline: The application deadline is February 28, 2022.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: