Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship in Canada 2022
For the 2021/22 session, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship in Canada is accepting applications.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation’s revitalized Scholarship program serves as a springboard for gutsy, ambitious, and unique minds eager to take on leadership roles in their communities.
The Foundation’s three-year program will train Engaged Leaders to help academics make their research more accessible outside of academia, partner and collaborate with a diverse range of actors across society, and address some of the most pressing domestic and global issues that directly affect Canada’s future.
Each cohort of Scholars receives leadership training based on a scientific subject selected for the social impact of the challenges it highlights as well as its multidisciplinary features.
This novel concept intends to assist Scholars in expanding their horizons outside their areas of expertise and cultivating a desire to connect with people, topics, and ideas that are generally outside of their academic study.
Technology & Ethics will be their scientific focus for the 2020-2023 leadership program cycle.
Leadership training will be provided in particular through the prism of ethical problems relating to biotech and the use of artificial intelligence in the field of health care.
Worth of Award
Membership in a thriving community of Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows, all of whom are thought leaders in their fields;
Mentors and Fellows provide leadership training;
For three years, up to $40,000 per year to pay tuition and acceptable living costs; and
As a research and travel allowance, up to $20,000 each year for three years;
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship Requirements
To apply to a PhD program in the social sciences and humanities, you must be a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant.
- enrolled full-time at a Canadian institution in the first or second year of such a program
- Be a Canadian citizen who is applying to a PhD program in the social sciences and humanities or who is enrolled full-time in a full-time program in the social sciences and humanities.
- in the first or second year of a foreign university’s equivalent program
- Be a foreign national applying to a PhD school in the United States [with a preference for individuals from poor countries].
- is enrolled full-time in the first or second year of such a degree at a Canadian institution in the social sciences and humanities
- Showcase a research project that relates to one of the Foundation’s four topics.
- Obtain a nomination from a university
How to Apply for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation PhD Scholarship
- Candidates must now apply to the Foundation directly via the Foundation’s online application platform.
- Universities are no longer compelled to undergo an internal selection procedure and suggest a small number of favored candidates, as they were in past years. All completed applications received before the final deadline will be reviewed by the Foundation.
- To begin, visit the Foundation’s new online application gateway. You may choose between English and French on the portal’s main page, which will also alter the language of the application form.
- If you have not yet registered on the Foundation’s new platform, please do so by clicking “Register here” and filling out the eligibility qualification questions and registration information that follows. After you’ve finished, you’ll get an email with a link to create your username and password. Within five minutes, the email should come. If you do not get this email, please check your spam bin and refresh your inbox.
- You will be sent to your own Dashboard on the Foundation’s site after you have signed in. At any point throughout the procedure, click “Home” in the upper right corner of your window to return to your Dashboard.
- Please complete the essential questions in your Profile after you’ve entered the site. If the Foundation chooses you, you will be requested to complete the remaining parts of your Profile. Return to your Dashboard or click Next to leave your Profile.
- Click “Funding Opportunities” and then “Apply Now” to start an application for the 2021 Scholarship competition.
Deadline: The final deadline to submit applications to the Foundation is January 5, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Recommended for You:
- Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships 2022
- Mälardalen University Scholarship Programme in Sweden 2022
- University of Canada West Scholarships for International Students 2022
- University of Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarship 2022
- DW Akademie Master Degree Scholarship in Germany 2022
- Erasmus University Holland Scholarship for International Students in 2022