PhD Scholarships in Geoinformatics for African Students at Heidelberg University, Germany
PhD Scholarships in Geoinformatics for African Students at Heidelberg University, Germany will be awarded to qualified students.
Heidelberg University is accepting applications for PhD Scholarships in Geoinformatics for African Students in Germany for the academic year 2022/2023.
Heidelberg University’s GIScience Research Group conducts cutting-edge practical and fundamental research at the intersection of geography and computational sciences.
As a result, they concentrate on the analysis of user-generated spatial material, for which we build cutting-edge technologies and analytical approaches. Volunteered geographic information (VGI), massive geographical data analytics, and catastrophe management are among their thematic themes.
Worth of Award: The PhD Scholarships in Geoinformatics for African Students is worth:
- 1,200 € per month.
- The award period is generally 2 semesters. An extension is possible on request and if all requirements are met (academic performance, financial hardship, and availability of funds).
Requirements for PhD Scholarships in Geoinformatics
- You are a promising doctoral student from Africa (mainly from Ghana or another West and Central African nation), you have excelled in your studies, and you want to apply to Heidelberg University for a PhD in one of the following fields:
- Geography with a focus on Geoinformatics.
- Political Science.
- You want to relocate to Germany for an on-site PhD at Heidelberg University, or you already reside in Germany and are enrolled in a language course to improve your language abilities.
- You need assistance in paying for your PhD.
Application Procedures for PhD Scholarships in Geoinformatics
Please submit the following application documents during the application period:
- Signed application form.
- Current performance records: University diploma that qualifies for a doctorate (original certificate) including the final grade as well as an official translation in German or English and if available, an official conversion of the diploma to the German grading system. If your university diploma is not available by the end of the application period, it is sufficient to submit a provisional certificate from the university confirming your academic performance, so far (ideally with a grade of all examinations, so far), that states that you expect to complete your course of study by the start of the semester following the application period. Please note that you have to submit your missing certificate by the start of the lecture period.
- Confirmation of acceptance of the doctorate.
- Curriculum vitae in table form.
- Letter of motivation with reference to the topic of the doctorate.
- Recommendation letter from a university instructor in the specific field.
- Proof of citizenship.
- Self-disclosure of revenue and expenditure (part of the application form).
- Evidence confirming the financial situation (payslip of the parents, own wage slips, etc.).
Please send your application documents in one single email to [email protected].
Deadline: You can apply for a scholarship from May 1 to July 15, 2022.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you
- International Student Scholarships 2022 at Robert Gordon University – UK
- Robert Goddard Scholarship for International Students at Clark University in USA, 2023
- International Undergraduate Freshmen Scholarships at Fairleigh Dickson University, USA
- MSc Quantum Science and Technology Scholarships at Trinity College Dublin in Ireland, 2022
- DAAD Scholarship for Master of Science in International Health in Germany, 2023
- Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students at the University of Malaya in Malaysia, 2022