PEN America Emerging Voices Fellowship for Early-Career Writers 2022
PEN America invites applications for the PEN America Emerging Voices Fellowship for Early-Career Writers in 2022.
The Emerging Voices Fellowship is a five-month virtual intensive mentoring program for early-career authors from historically underrepresented areas in the publishing sector.
Worth of Award
The fellowship, therefore, provides
Mentorship and a working knowledge of the publishing industry
- On their current writing project, they will receive five months of professional mentoring.
- Through panels and Q&As, attendees will have access to insider information about publishers and literary agencies.
- Conversations on writing and technique with distinguished visiting authors
- One public event will feature current fellows reading new work.
- PEN America membership for a year
The Writer’s Toolkit is a collection of resources for writers.
- A professional portrait of yourself.
- Partner organizations provide deals and discounts on seminars and events.
- A guide to submitting to literary magazines, agencies, residencies, and grants.
- Masterclasses and workshops on genre, reading and voice technique, copy editing, and other related topics will be held.
PEN America Emerging Voices Fellowship Requirements
- At the time of application, you must be 21 years old or older.
- You do not have to be a U.S. permanent resident or citizen to apply for the fellowship, but you must live in the United States at the time of application and for the duration of the fellowship.
- At the time of the fellowship’s start date, you must not be enrolled in a degree-granting program (June 2022).
- A graduate degree in fiction, creative nonfiction, or poetry is not permitted.
- must be able to actively engage in all aspects of fellowship programming, including required virtual workshops, virtual meetings, and virtual public programs
- At the time of application, you cannot have one or more books published by major or independent publishers, university presses, or established presses, nor can you have a book under contract with a publisher. It is permissible to submit chapbooks or material that has been published in literary magazines.
Note that former Emerging Voices Fellows are not eligible to reapply.
How to Apply for PEN America Emerging Voices Fellowship
All applications for the PEN America Emerging Voices Fellowship should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for this year’s fellowship are open through January 31, 2022, at 8:59 pm PT/ 11:59 pm ET.
Recommended for You:
- Adam Smith Fellowship at Mercatus Center in USA 2022
- Boehm Media Fellowship for high-impact Media Experts in Canada 2022
- MBARI Science Communication Fellowship for Recent Graduates 2022
- WHOI Summer Student Fellowships for Undergraduates 2022
- Alibaba Business School eFounders Fellowship Program
- Donald Reynolds Journalism Institute Fellowships for Journalists in USA 2022