The Peaceful Futures Scholarship is being offered by Citizens of Our Planet to attend the One Young World Summit in Tokyo, Japan, from May 16 to 19.
Young people’s violence is a worldwide problem that has ramifications for public health, human rights, and economic development.
Every year, an estimated 200,000 people aged 10 to 29 are killed, accounting for 42 percent of all murder victims.
This figure represents just one facet of a larger picture of violence perpetrated by and against young people, which includes bullying, sexual assault, and significant bodily and psychological harm that has long-term implications.
To solve this dilemma, a broad-based strategy is needed that targets both the immediate repercussions of violence and the core causes of the problem.
It is critical that the lived experiences of young people be crucial to the development and implementation of these solutions.
The Peaceful Futures Scholarship was created to recognize and elevate the voices of young leaders who are working to prevent juvenile violence and promote a more peaceful future for their peers and future generations.
Scholars from Peaceful Futures will attend the One Young World Summit in Tokyo, Japan in 2022.
They will hear and be heard by peers from over 190 nations, as well as leading political, corporate, and humanitarian leaders, during the Summit.
Following the Summit, the Scholars will become members of the One Young World Ambassador network, which includes over 13,000 young leaders from over 190 countries.
Between Summits, the One Young World Community engages in a variety of activities such as caucuses, fundraising, peer-to-peer mentoring, media exposure, and speaking engagements.
Worth of Award for Peaceful Futures Scholarship
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022, which will take place in Tokyo, Japan from May 16 to 19.
- Participation in a pre-and post-Summit Citizens of our Planet initiative.
- From the 15th to the 19th of May, you may stay at a hotel in Tokyo.
- The journey to and from Tokyo (economy)
- All meals are included (includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner on conference days)
- Between the Summit lodging and the Summit venue, there is transportation.
- Membership in the One Young World Ambassador Community is permanent.
- 18 – 30 years old*
- All citizens of the world are eligible to apply for this award.
- Applicants must show that they have made a beneficial impact in the fight against juvenile violence.
How to Apply for Peaceful Futures Scholarship
The application is online by filling out the form on their website
Deadline: Applications close November 25, 2021