OceanHub Africa Acceleration Program for Ocean-minded Startups, 2022
OceanHub Africa Acceleration Program for Ocean-minded Startups is currently accepting applications for the year 2022.
OceanHub Africa is beginning the second batch of its six-month online acceleration program, which will assist up to six of Africa’s most promising impact-for-profit entrepreneurs working to protect and restore the ocean’s health.
The accelerator is on a mission to promote ocean-focused start-ups in order to foster an ecologically conscientious and viable economy that successfully mitigates the consequences of global warming, as well as overfishing and pollution of the seas.
It will give the accelerated start-ups a program that looks for sustainable paths providing steady earnings (ROIs) and options for scalable expansion across Africa, using its highly qualified network of stakeholders and facilitators.
- Up to $75k worth of cloud services thanks to their partner AWS Activate.
- Free access to IoT prototyping thanks to their partner Macrocomm.
- Over $40k worth of mechanical engineering design software licences and support for prototyping and virtual testing, thanks to their partner 3DExperience Lab.
- Access to Dassault Systèmes, Amazon Web Services and international marketplaces and/or salesforce for finished products of accelerated startups.
- Advisory sessions with Cullinan & Associates (international environmental law firm), Cape AI on machine learning and AI implementation, Macrocomm on data management and implementation of IoT, SWEN Blue Oceans Partners (ocean impact Venture Capitalist fund), Ocean14 Capital (ocean impact Private Equity fund), WWF – South Africa, Dept of Oceanography University of Cape Town, EuroSIMA (ocean tech experts) and more.
Mentorship & Support
- Participation in an in-person training Bootcamp in Cape Town.
- Tailored business skills and personal development 1-to-1 coaching.
- Sales, Product Development, Communication and Business Development Support.
- Access to their network of scientific, business, impact and investment experts from international corporations, foundations, universities and IGOs.
- Access to networking events and conferences, including a stand and stage time at the Ocean Innovation Africa annual summit.
- Access to potential clients (market leads) for local and international expansion.
- Access to their international network of ocean-impact incubators/accelerators to scale overseas
- Access to key external partners.
- Potential funding of up to 10k USD from OceanHub Africa.
- Support in preparing and running investor pitches, including training sessions with partner investors directly.
- Support in structuring deals, including reviews by transactional and commercial lawyers.
- Access to a large portfolio of impact investors part of our ecosystems (inc. SWEN Blue Oceans, Ocean14 Capital, Finca Ventures, Conservation International Ventures, Builders Vision, AquaSpark, Athelia) as well as corporate venture capitalist funds.
OceanHub Africa Acceleration Program Eligibility
- Your startup is ocean-minded: it has a direct or indirect beneficial influence on the oceans (addressing climate change, pollution, or overexploitation of the ocean) and supports ocean equality.
- You run a for-profit business in Africa.
- You have a scalable service or product that is now available or will be available shortly.
- Your product or service is definitely unique, and your company approach is inventive.
- You’re seeking new markets or investments.
- Impact & vision
- Business model
How to Apply for OceanHub Africa Acceleration Program
Deadline: May 22, 2022
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you
- UNU Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector
- Sir Ray Tindle International Scholarship at University of Creative Arts, UK
- Norfolk Gardens Trust International Bursary at University of East Anglia, UK
- MPhil Tuition Fee Scholarships for International Students at Australian National University
- International Scholarships at the Geneva Centre of Humanitarian Studies, Switzerland
- International Architecture Scholarships at University of Bradford – UK, 2022
- Baker Hughes Ignite Graduate Internship, 2022 (Engineering & Technology)