The Obama Foundation Scholars Program is now accepting applications in 2022.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program is a full-time, fully financed leadership development program that brings together emerging leaders from throughout the globe.
who has shown a dedication to finding answers to problems in their communities, nations, and areas?
Obama Foundation Scholars spend a year at Columbia University honing their knowledge and abilities while also developing new capacities and networks in order to have a greater effect in their home countries.
After completing the program, Obama Foundation Scholars are empowered to return to the communities where they previously worked and continue on a path of service.
Benefits for Obama Foundation Scholars Program
- Stipend to help with living costs in New York City on a monthly basis
- If the program is able to meet in person, a furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University.
- Tuition and expenses for up to four Columbia University courses
- If the program is able to meet in person, basic medical, dental, and life insurance will be provided for the length of the program in New York City.
- If the program is able to assemble in person, air travel to and from the home country, as well as any program-related activities.
Columbia University’s Obama Foundation Scholars Program recruits emerging leaders from the United States and throughout the globe who fit the following criteria:
- Are rising stars who have made significant contributions to their fields and are currently at a “tipping point” in their careers.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to service and leadership within a community, region, or country, as well as a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities after completing the program and use their enhanced training, skills, and connections to benefit these communities on a long-term basis.
- Are you an English native speaker? (verbal, written, and spoken).
- Have the capacity and desire to positively influence their community’s future.
- Have a track record of dedication to diversity, community involvement, hope, bravery, inventiveness, strategy, responsibility, integrity, and resilience.
A complete application, submitted entirely online, includes the following materials:
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Personal video statement
- Responses to short essay questions
- Proof of English proficiency
- Two letters of recommendation