The Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2022-2023 application site is now available, with full funding to study in the United States.
The program, which is run by Columbia World Projects, targets young and active individuals from all over the world who are willing to take on the challenge of studying at Columbia University while also contributing to the improvement of their communities.
The program is a full-time, fully financed leadership development program that brings together emerging leaders from the US and throughout the globe who have shown a commitment to solving problems in their communities, nations, and regions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Columbia.
Scholarships are to be taken at the University of Columbia, New York City.
Scholarship Type: Full funding.
Scholarship Worth: full cost of the program, return airfare, and monthly stipends
Slots: Several Scholarships are available.
Study Level: All Courses.
Nationality: Students worldwide.
Details of Obama Foundation Scholars Program
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program brings together emerging leaders from all around the globe who have shown a dedication to solving problems in their communities, nations, and regions.
The Obama Foundation Scholars will have the chance to develop their knowledge and abilities, as well as establish new capacities and networks, over the course of an academic year, allowing them to make a greater influence in their home countries.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program Requirements
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University is looking for up-and-coming leaders from all across the globe who match the following requirements:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to service and leadership in a community, region, or country outside the United States, as well as a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities after completing the program and use their enhanced training, skills, and connections to benefit these communities on a long-term basis.
- Are rising leaders who have made significant contributions to their fields and have reached a “tipping point” in their careers.
- Have the capacity and desire to positively influence their community’s future
- Have a track record of demonstrating humility, honesty, inclusion, stewardship, bravery, inventiveness, and collaboration.
- Are you an English native speaker? (verbal, written, and spoken)
- Candidates from countries where English is not the official language may be required to submit proof of language ability in the form of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic), or the Duolingo English Test (DET). Other tests will not be accepted. For further information on the language requirements, see the official website. Certain types of candidates, such as those who have finished a bachelor’s degree program in an English-speaking nation, are exempt from this criterion.
Scholarship Program Benefits
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program includes a monthly stipend for living costs in New York City, a furnished studio apartment, and all tuition and fees for the scholars.
For the length of the program, basic medical, dental, and life insurance are provided, as well as air travel to and from the home country and leadership development activities.
Application for Obama Foundation Scholars Program
How-to-Apply: Applicants must complete the online application form and submit the necessary documents to be considered for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2022-2023:
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
A chronological account of your career and academic experience, as well as any relevant activities, such as any awards, publications, or other accomplishments, should be included in your resume/curriculum vitae.
A brief video (no more than five minutes in length) presenting the candidate and their work to the selection committee should be included in the personal video statement.
Applicants will post their video statement to a video hosting site such as YouTube or Vimeo and attach a link to it in their online application.
The online application has further information on the criteria for the personal video statement.
Answers to questions from a short essay
The brief essay questions allow the selection committee to learn more about the applicant’s work, motivation, and how the program fits into their professional goals.
In the online application, applicants will submit their essay questions.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program Deadline
Application Deadline: December 22 at 5 PM ET.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: