Obama-Chesky Voyager Scholarship for Public Service for Students, USA
Obama-Chesky Voyager Scholarship for Public Service, USA is currently accepting applications from eligible students for the year 2022.
This program provides financial assistance to help students pay off their student loans, meaningful travel experiences to broaden their perspectives, and a network of mentors and leaders to help them succeed.
In an increasingly globalized world, we need young leaders who can bridge divisions and work together to tackle our most pressing problems. The Obama and Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky established the Voyager Scholarship to assist nurture, such leaders.
Despite their disparate origins, the President and Brian both think that exposure to new places and experiences fosters understanding, empathy, and collaboration, preparing the next generation to make a positive difference.
- Students will receive up to $25,000 per year in “last dollar” financial aid for their junior and senior years of college. This financial aid should alleviate the burden of college debt so that students can afford to pursue a career in public service.
- Students will receive a $10,000 stipend and free Airbnb housing to pursue a summer work-travel experience between their junior and senior years of college. The students will design their own Summer Voyage to gain exposure to new communities and experience in a chosen field.
- After graduation, Airbnb will provide the students with a $2,000 travel credit every year for 10 years, totalling $20,000. This will allow students to continue to broaden their horizons and forge new connections throughout their public service careers.
- Students will be invited each fall to an annual summit to help define and inspire their public service journey. At the summit this fall, they will meet with President Obama and Brian Chesky to talk about the role of empathy and understanding in leadership. They’ll also hear from guest speakers on different approaches to service, and build community with other Voyagers.
- Throughout the program, students will be invited to an ongoing speaker series, giving them access to a network of leaders. This network of leaders will expose them to new areas of service and innovations happening in their fields. After graduation, they will join the Obama Foundation’s global community, providing them with Foundation resources and programming.
Obama-Chesky Voyager Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Plan to enroll full-time in their junior year of study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States in Fall 2022. Eligible students are:
- Finishing sophomore year in Spring 2022
- Or transferring from a two-year to a four-year college for their 2022-2023 junior academic year
- Have a least 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Have shown a dedication to public service.
- After graduation, you should consider a career in public service.
- Be a US citizen, a US permanent resident (with a Permanent Resident Card), or a person who has been given deferred action under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA).
How to Apply for Obama-Chesky Voyager Scholarship
As part of your application, you must upload the following:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display:
- Student name
- School name
- Grades and credit hours for each course
- Term in which each course was taken
- A copy of pages one and two of the most recently filed 1040 form was used to complete the financial section of the application.
- If you are claimed as a dependent, please supply financial information and the tax form from your parent(s) or guardian(s).
- If you are independent, please supply financial information and the tax form for yourself.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you
- Econometrics Honours Memorial Scholarship at Monash University, 2022
- Bennett Jones Future Leaders in Law Scholarship Program in Canada
- Sanctuary Scholarship for Undergraduate and Masters at Oxford Brookes University, UK
- International Faculty of Architecture and Design Scholarships at Ozyegin University
- Faculty of Economics & Administrative Sciences International Scholarships
- PhD Scholarship in Digital Transformations and the Law at CBS, Denmark
- Philosophy in Development Management Scholarships for International Students, Ghana
- PhD Scholarships in Geoinformatics for African Students at Heidelberg University, Germany