The University of Pretoria in South Africa invites applications for the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships in the 2021/2022 academic session.
The National Research Foundation (NRF) is governed by the NRF Act, which was passed by Parliament.
(Act No. 23 of 1998, as amended) to: “contribute to national development by promoting and supporting research through funding, human resource development, and the provision of necessary research facilities.
In order to facilitate the creation of knowledge, innovation, and development in all fields of research, including indigenous knowledge, and thus contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of all citizens of the Republic.”
The NRF is guided by a Transformation Framework in carrying out its mandate, which identifies the need to focus on the transformation of the equity profiles of the South African research workforce, the knowledge enterprise, the relationship between science and society, and the development of a diverse and fully inclusive learning organization.
The capacity to recruit, develop, and retain high academic achievers in the system to pursue higher education is critical to changing the equity profiles of the South African research workforce.
Postgraduate programs leading to a PhD degree are available.
As part of a national push to build the next generation of researchers and scholars to support South Africa’s knowledge business, the NRF is prioritizing postgraduate students with a research bent.
Another goal is to accelerate postgraduate student growth in high-impact, priority, and sensitive subjects that are vital to national socio-economic development.
As a result, the NRF is establishing a new Postgraduate Funding Policy that will be guided by the concepts of fairness of opportunity, representativeness, prioritization, and improved access, success, and throughput.
Worth of Award
- Applicants that are selected will get funding from either FCS or PCS.
- The FCS will pay for tuition, housing, a living stipend, and a food allowance.
- and a one-time stipend for study materials, such as an electronic gadget.
- The PCS will solely pay tuition and living expenses.
NRF Postgraduate Scholarships Requirements
Only full-time honors, master’s, and doctorate students will be eligible for postgraduate student financing.
Please read the materials on the website for a complete list of qualifying requirements.
How to Apply for NRF Postgraduate Scholarships
The NRF Online Submission System may be used to complete applications.
To avoid IT system overload closer to the closing date, applicants are recommended to finish their applications as soon as the call opens.
- Before being transferred to the NRF for further processing, completed applications are routed to the host institution for verification.
- Applications that are incomplete will not be evaluated.
- Applications that do not match the eligibility requirements will be rejected (information on eligibility criteria may be found in the NRF Framework papers).
- If you have any questions, please contact the NRF Bursaries Office at Hatfield Campus, Graduate Centre, Room 1-85 or [email protected]
NRF Postgraduate Scholarships Deadline
Deadline: Applications at UP close July 13, 2022
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: