The MultiChoice Group Technology Graduate Programme for young South Africans – 2021
The MultiChoice Group is a global media and entertainment conglomerate with headquarters in South Africa, Dubai, and the Netherlands.
Its main businesses are pay television, video entertainment, advertising, and content security, and it serves a fast expanding 13.5 million household base. DSTV, GOTv, SuperSport, M-net, DSTVnow, Showmax, and Europe-based content security pioneer Irdeto are among the group’s notable brands.
The following are some of the most important areas of operation:
- Storytelling services that include content development, production, and aggregation, as well as delivery of the finest worldwide general entertainment, sports, and renowned African content libraries to clients.
- Pay television: satellite and digital terrestrial television services delivered directly to the house;
- SVOD: subscription video on demand services available on various internet platforms, with an emphasis on library and local content in emerging countries; and
- Advertising: offering dynamic media solutions across a range of 130+ channel brands on linear TV, VOD, social media, and digital platforms, including commercial airtime, on-air sponsorships, content integration, and online sales.
The group’s success comes from its emphasis on local language and culture, as well as its entrepreneurial spirit and employee quality. MultiChoice Group (MCG) has a track record of seeing trends early, adapting them for the regions in which it operates, and capitalizing on them.
The company’s primary source of income is subscriptions, with advertising revenue providing a rising proportion. Its primary goals are to:
- Increase the number of Pay TV, SVOD, and advertising sales subscribers; – Focus on investment and technology; – Maintain a local approach; – Provide high-quality service
- Attract workers that are creative and driven.
Requirements for The MultiChoice Group Technology Graduate Programme 2021
- After graduation, you must have fewer than two years of job experience.
- 0-2 years of mobile development, web development, or Java development experience
- 0-2 years of web, lean back, or mobile platform experience
- 0-2 years of experience dealing with big data sets in an analytical or engineering field.
The Position’s Purpose
- To gain professional experience on an 18-month divisional rotation Graduate Development Program, which is designed to develop future leaders in the media and entertainment industry
- To complete all training modules designed for this program and receive mentorship, coaching, and on-the-job training
- To collaborate closely with managers and colleagues on projects and initiatives as needed
- To acquire skills that may be used to a variety of industries, including Digital Marketing, Customer Value Management, IT, and Technology.
Qualifications for The MultiChoice Group Technology Graduate Programme
Essential: Degree level educational qualification in one of the following qualifications:
- B.Comm in Engineering or Technology
- BSc Degree in IT or Computer Science
- BSc in Engineering or Technology
- Degree in Science or Maths or Engineering or Data Science
- BTech Electrical Engineering/Electronics
- Microsoft Azure or AWS cloud certification advantageous
- Preferred: Honours
- Relationship Building
- Time management
- Digital savviness
- Complex problem solving
- Interpersonal Support
- Analytical Thinking
- South Africa
- September 26th 2021
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Multichoice Technology Graduate Programme 2021