The Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China established the MOFCOM Scholarship to promote communication and cooperation between China and other nations, as well as to nurture talents for developing countries.
Since 2015, the MOFCOM Scholarship has primarily sponsored young and middle-aged talents from recipient nations to pursue postgraduate degree education in China, with China Scholarship Council serving as the Scholarship’s administrator.
About Chinese Government
The Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program was created by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to assist Chinese institutions in specified provinces or autonomous regions in recruiting excellent overseas students for graduate study in China.
Since 2008, the Ministry of Education has allowed USTC to recruit full-time masters and doctorate candidates through the Chinese Government Scholarship.
Chinese Government’s Masters and Ph.D Scholarships | Aims and Objectives
- Tuition, teaching materials, research and survey fees, allowance for English-taught programs, and dissertation counseling fees are all waived for students.
- On-campus housing is provided for free.
- Stipend per month:
- Every master’s student, 36000RMB per year
- Ph.D. students are paid 42000RMB per year.
- 3000RMB each individual as a one-time relocation charge;
- International students are entitled to free medical insurance.
- All students will get a one-time round-trip international airfare (fly to China after enrollment and return to home country after graduation), with a maximum of “n-1” (“n” is for the duration of education year determined when the student was enrolled by the program, “n” is less than or equal to three) international round-trip airfares for home visits (once a year, at the conclusion of the academic year);
- All students are required to participate in the yearly evaluation. Those who pass the evaluation may be eligible for full scholarships the following year.
- Other expenditures will be controlled and utilized by the Ministry of Commerce or the institutions as a whole, not by students.
- The Ministry of Commerce only gives financial aid to students for the course of their academic program.
Students that postpone their graduation will not be sponsored in the future.
Requirements for the Chinese Government’s Masters and Ph.D Scholarships
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered:
- -be a citizen of a developing nation other than the People’s Republic of China who is under 45 years old (born after September 1, 1974);
- -be physically and mentally sound, as shown by a medical examination report from a local public hospital, and not suffer from any of the diseases or conditions specified below:
a) Diseases that are forbidden by Chinese laws and regulations governing entry-exit inspection and quarantine.
b) Other serious chronic conditions, such as hypertension, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, and diabetes; psychiatric disorders; or infectious diseases that may endanger public health
b) During the post-surgery recovery phase or during severe illness attacks
d) Severe physical handicap
e) Pregnancy – with at least three years of experience in the field;
- -when applying for a master’s program, have a bachelor’s degree; while applying for a doctorate program, have a master’s degree;
- -employees having an appropriate educational background or work experience related to the applicable program are preferred;
- -be government division level and above (or equivalent level) governmental officers, senior management personnel of corporations and businesses, or academic backbones of universities and research institutes;
- -have adequate English skills to complete the program’s academic criteria, e.g., IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 and above;
- -possess professional growth potential and is dedicated to fostering friendly contacts and cooperation between the host nation and China;
- -neither study in China nor be accepted into any of the Chinese government’s scholarship programs.
Required Documents for the Application
- MOFCOM Scholarship Application Form
- a photocopy of the greatest degree;
- Obtain a photocopy of your academic transcripts.
- A minimum of 400-word study plan or research proposal;
- Two reference letters, one from your present employment and the other from an academic standpoint;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form photocopy;
- A photocopy of the certificate of English proficiency;
- A photocopy of a valid passport is required.
How to Apply for the Chinese Government’s Masters and Ph.D Scholarships
Step 1: Go to http://www.campuschina.org and click “Scholarship Application for Students” on the “CSC Study in China” page.
Create an account using [CREATE AN ACCOUNT] and use it to log in.
Step 2: Fill up your personal information. Click “Edit Personal Details” to complete entering personal information by filling in all fields, validating the information, and saving it.
Return to the previous page by clicking “Finish” after completing this part and begin filling out your application information.
Step 3: Choose the appropriate “Program Category.”
Please pick “Type A” as the program category. (Only for MOFCOM Scholarship-CSC Program candidates)
Step 4: Make sure you’ve entered the right Agency Number.
The following is your agency number: 00010. (Only for MOFCOM Scholarship-CSC Program candidates)
Both the Program Category and the Agency Number are required for the online application. Candidates who are eligible to apply will be informed of the program category and agency number by scholarship receiving authorities (or application processing authorities).
The matching agency name will appear on the website when you enter the agency number.
Because the Program Category and Agency Number is directly connected, if the program category or agency number is incorrect, your online application will be rejected.
Step 5: Fill up the blanks with your application information.
After that, go to the “Language Proficiency and Study Plan” section and submit the “Supporting Documents” as directed, then click “Submit” to finish the application.
Before submitting your application, double-check each section. Please double-check that all of the information and documents you’ve supplied are correct and legitimate.
When “Type A” candidates pick “Institute Preferences,” the system will automatically match eligible colleges to the “Student Category, Preferred Teaching Language, and Major Applying for” options.
Please check the following page if you have any questions about each university’s offered majors. http://www.campuschina.org/universities/index.html
Applicants may download the PDF “Catalog of Discipline Field, First-level Discipline, Specialty” from the “Help” section to determine the relationship between Discipline and Major.
Step 6: Once submitted, changes to “Personal Details” and “Application Information” are not possible. Before the application is handled by the processing authorities, the applicant may withdraw the application and change it by selecting “Withdraw.”
After canceling the application, the applicant must re-edit it and submit it a second time, otherwise, the application will be rejected. The application cannot be revoked after it has been processed.
Step 7: Select “Print the Application Form” and save the document.
Step 8: Submit a scholarship application in accordance with the dispatching authorities’ guidelines (or application processing agency).
Deadline for application: May 31, 2022
Recommended for You
- Queen Mary University of London Herchel Smith Scholarship for International Students
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Online at the University of Edinburgh in UK 2022
- SLU International Scholarships to Study in Sweden 2022
- Kano State Government Scholarship 2022: How To Apply
- Dangote Foundation Scholarship 2022: Eligibility and How to Apply
- Durham University Business School Scholarships for International Students 2022
- Nuffield Farming Scholarships for Researchers in the UK 2022
- RMUTT E-CUBE-I Scholarships to Study in Thailand 2022
- Austrian Development Cooperation Scholarship 2022
- 10 Hot Scholarships in Canada | Canadian Scholarships