The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Scholarship Program for Leadership Development 2022 is now accepting applications.
In 2017, MIND’s aim of training young leaders with a continent-wide development perspective and leaders who can encourage increased collaboration between African nations was realized with the creation of the MINDS Scholarship Program.
The Scholarship Program allows African students to study in an African nation other than their native country, allowing them to immerse themselves in the country’s and communities’ richness and variety. They believe that expanding access to education would increase receptivity to ideas and the formation of a network of like-minded leaders who will aid in the promotion of our continent’s performance and concrete development. There is little question that a more globalized African economy would speed development, provide beneficial results, and benefit all of the continent’s populations.
Depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is granted, the Scholarship will cover some or all of the following expenses:
- Accommodation and food are included.
- For the length of your studies, you will only need one return ticket.
- A fixed stipend.
Requirements for the MINDS Scholarship Program
- Be a citizen of an African country who lives in another African country;
- Have received official acceptance from one or more MINDS recommended institution(s) outside of your country of citizenship and/or resident;
- Have received official acceptance from one or more MINDS approved institutions to undertake postgraduate studies in the next year;
- In the past two years of studies, you must have received at least 70% in each subject/course;
- Produce proof of proven leadership talents or potential in accordance with the application form’s questions/requirements;
- Fill out the online application form completely and attach any relevant documents.
List of Preferred Institutions
An applicant must have been accepted to study at one of the following universities to be eligible for a MINDS Scholarship:
- African Leadership University, Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- African Leadership University, Mauritius
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
- Université Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
How to Apply for the MINDS Scholarship Program
- Applicants must have scanned, stored, and ready-to-upload copies of the following papers. All papers must be in PDF format to be submitted. Each attachment should not be larger than 2MB.
- A copy of your passport’s data/bio page.
- The past two years of academic transcripts/results slips must be validated.
- A copy of the university’s official acceptance letter. The letter must include the following information:
- Address the letter to the applicant.
- Indicate the degree the candidate has been approved to pursue.
- Indicate the academic year in which your degree will begin.
- Indicate how long the course will last (e.g. one year).
- Proof of application OR a copy of a valid study permit or visa. (Optional)
- A comprehensive CV/Resume of no more than four (4) single-sided pages is required.
- Two reference letters (no more than three pages each) addressing the applicant’s shown integrity, ability and/or potential as a leader, and dedication to the African continent’s development.
Recommended for You
- Ministry of Education and Science Scholarships for International Students – Kazakhstan, 2022
- UKT Law Global Partner Premium Scholarships at University of Essex – UK, 2022
- Technovators for Social Good Scholarship to Attend the One Young World Summit 2022
- 2022 Vice-Chancellor’s Research Scholarships at Bangor University – UK
- International Dean’s Scholarships At Bangor University, UK 2022
- Gordon Henderson Scholarships at the University of Ottawa, Canada
- Entrance Examination Student Scholarships at Okayama University of Science – Japan, 2022
- International Scholarships 2022 at St George’s University of London – UK
- National College of Ireland International Scholarships 2022-2023
- OSCE – UNODA Scholarship for Peace and Security 2022