Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program, 2022 (up to $10,000)
Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for the year 2022.
The initiative finds the future generation of research leaders via a unique approach that provides potential young applicants with a mix of mentoring, research, networking, and academic opportunities.
Since its start in 1999, the program has attracted over 1000 PhD applicants from Asia-premier Pacific institutions, with 441 excellent PhD students receiving the Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship. Fellows have gone on to become well-known scholars and leaders in academia and business.
Fellows get more than just a scholarship; they have a long-term relationship with Microsoft Research Asia, one of the world’s premier computer science research centres.
Each recipient will get the chance to do an internship at Microsoft Research Asia in Beijing, China, where they will engage in hands-on, advanced research.
The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program offers some of the industry’s most competitive incentives and rewards, including:
- Cash awards of $10,000 USD, which can be used to support research initiatives and academic endeavours including, but not limited to: attending international research conferences/events, and subsidizing paper and patent application fees.
- Opportunity for intensive and individualized mentorship programs with a dedicated senior researcher, to help facilitate the fellow’s research until graduation.
- Opportunity to attend the Microsoft Research Asia Academic Conference.
- At the discretion of Microsoft Research Asia, advisors of fellows might be invited to participate in collaborative research projects and academic exchange events.
Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Eligibility
- Applicants must study at a university in mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, or Taiwan and conduct research on computer areas of interest to Microsoft Research.
- The candidate must graduate in 2024 or later, according to the definition of the normative term of PhD programs at the applicant’s institution and area. If necessary, candidates and their advisers may be required to provide supporting papers.
- The interpretation of the following provisions is left to the Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Committee.
The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship application period will close on Wednesday, June 10, 2022 at 11:59 PM Beijing Time.
- PhD students must apply directly for the scholarship.
- Applications must include:
- An application form (download template here).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Research Statement. This statement (of approximately 1,000 words) provides a summary of your research accomplishments and current work, and highlight your most outstanding contribution to the academia. It must discuss the future direction and potential of your work, especially your research plan for the next few years of PhD study.
- At least two letters of reference from established researchers familiar with your research. Of these, one letter should come from your advisor. Scanned copies of the signed recommendation letters should be sent, by those recommending you, directly to [email protected].
- Applications must be submitted via the online application tool in any of the following formats: Word document, text-only file, PDF or ZIP. Email or hard copy applications will not be considered.
Deadline: June 10, 2022
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you
- Václav Havel Journalism Fellowship for Aspiring Journalists, Europe – 2023
- APrIGF-APSIG Joint Fellowship Program, 2022 (Funded to Singapore)
- Climate Leadership Fellowship 2022 for Youth in Nigeria (Win N50,000)
- Biozentrum PhD Fellowships Program at the University of Basel
- Eugene C Pulliam Fellowship for Editorial Writing 2022 (up to $75,000)