This is to notify you that Mastercard United States International University-Africa Scholarship application for young and talented Africans is out.
Concerning the MasterCard Award for USIU-Africa: The Mastercard Foundation has partnered with the United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will provide academically talented African youth who face financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints with the opportunity to attend world-class universities.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-fee scholarships to young Africans seeking their first undergraduate degree. – By the end of their studies, Scholars with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications will be expected to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent.
Only youth under the age of 29 in the following categories are eligible:
Young men and women Young female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Refugees and displaced youth; Disabled youth
Mastercard United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) Scholarship worth:
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will be provided with comprehensive support, which will include:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptop, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurances;
- Transportation to and from home;
- Leadership training is available;
- Access to entrepreneurial education;
- Psychosocial support, career counseling, and mentorship are all available.
- Disability requirements will be met in a reasonable manner.
Scholars must exhibit the following characteristics:
Academic ability: They must value learning and be personally motivated to finish their education. Must meet the Kenya Commission for University Education’s or its equivalent’s university admissions requirements.
Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities by participating in community outreach activities in the past or in the future.
Scholars must demonstrate a commitment to becoming change agents, role models, and mentors who practice ethical leadership.
Mastercard United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) Scholarship Eligibility:
- Only youth under the age of 29 in the following categories are eligible
- Young men and women Young female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Refugees and displaced youth; Disabled youth
Mastercard United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) Scholarship Eligible program
Must be interested in, and meet USIU admissions criteria and academic qualifications for, any of the following 11 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa:
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology;
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS)-Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA)-Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting are available at the Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB);
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology are available at the School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS).
- More information about the degree programs mentioned above can be found on the university’s website: undergraduate-programs
How to apply for Mastercard United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) Scholarship:
Submit completed application forms by email as an attachment, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all required documents are legible, to [email protected], or drop your application at the Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU-Africa, or mail your application to:
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi – Kenya
- Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted candidates will be contacted between Monday, October 4 and Friday, October 29, 2021.
- Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard from us by this date.
- Interviews will be held from Monday, November 4 to Friday, December 10, 2021.
- Communication with Selected Candidates – Tuesday, December 14, 2021 – Friday, December 17, 2021
- Home Visits are scheduled from Monday, January 10, to Friday, February 11, 2022.
- Travel planning, passport, visa, and flight ticket application assistance for international students – Monday, January 20 to Friday, April 8, 2022
- Sunday, April 17, 2022 – Reporting to USIU-Africa for Pre-University Orientation
- Scholars Pre-University Orientation will take place from Monday, April 18 to Friday, April 29, 2022.
- University-wide orientation will take place from Monday, May 2 to Friday, May 6, 2022.
4 years and to be taken at Kenya
Mastercard United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) Scholarship Application deadline:
1st October 2021
Any questions should be directed through e-mail at [email protected] or phone +254730 116 218 or in person
- Diamond Bank Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2021
- Hague Academy Short Course Training Scholarship in the Netherlands 2021/2022 (Fully Funded)
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Nigerians 2021
- Agbami Scholarship For Nigerian Undergraduate Students (2021)
- 10 Canadian Scholarship For Nigerian Students in 2021