Livingston Awards for Young Journalists worldwide 2022
The Livingston Awards for Young Journalists worldwide 2022 are now accepting applications.
The Livingston Awards were created in 1981 to honor excellent reporting and to help journalists under the age of 35 advance their careers.
The Livingston Awards have recognized excellent young journalists and the next generation of newsroom leaders for over 40 years.
Print, web, video, audio, and data visualization submissions are all welcome for the Livingston Awards.
Winning the prize gives bright young reporters the confidence and institutional support they need to keep working on big assignments.
Winners have access to fresh stories, audiences, and career options as a result of their national notoriety.
David Remnick, Christiane Amanpour, Ira Glass, Michelle Norris, and Steve Coll are among the previous winners.
The Richard M. Clurman Award, meanwhile, recognizes outstanding on-the-job mentors who promote journalism by exemplifying excellence in fostering, criticizing, and motivating new journalists.
The Clurman Award is given out in conjunction with the winners of the annual Livingston Awards.
Local, national, and worldwide reporting will each get $10,000 in prizes. There is no cost to participate in this event. The journalists get the prize money directly, rather than via the media company.
Livingston Awards for Young Journalists worldwide Requirements
- As of December 31, 2021, entrants must be 34 years old or younger.
- Multiple bylines are allowed, but they must all be of legal age.
- Only one submission per person will be allowed. A single entry or a maximum of three pieces from a published series, an original work and its follow-up developments, or three pieces clearly connected together in a beat are all acceptable. The series’ articles must all be published by the same company.
- There is no limit on the number of entries a media company may submit, as long as each reporter has just one entry.
- Individuals may apply on their own or be nominated by their employer.
- Work in print, on the web, on video, on audio, and in data visualization is all eligible. The use of still photography is not permitted.
- The work must be published in media controlled by the United States. It is not necessary for participants to be citizens of the United States.
- Entries must be directly relevant to current events or include fresh information about events that have already occurred. It’s possible to submit features and comments.
- Materials created in the regular course of a journalist’s professional work must be included in submissions. Journalists’ materials created particularly for the Livingston Awards are not eligible.
- Student-produced material is ineligible.
- The competition is only open to work that was published or appeared in the calendar year that ended on December 31, 2021.
- The Livingston Awards will organize an outreach event for the winners.
Application for Livingston Awards for Young Journalists worldwide
Entries for work published in 2021 are now open. The entry deadline is February 1, 2022.
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: February 1, 2022
Recommended for You:
- UNDP Internship 2022
- ExxonMobil Graduate Internship for Nurses 2022
- United Nations Paid Internships 2022
- Safaricom Student Internship Program for Kenyan Students 2022
- EPFL Summer Internship in Switzerland 2022
- ETH Zurich Summer Internship Program 2022
- World Youth Alliance Regional Internship Program 2022