The Kofi Annan Award for Innovation in Africa 2021 is now accepting applications.
The goal of the award is to find and encourage talented social entrepreneurs who are developing digital or technology-based solutions for Africans in order to help them expand their businesses.
They are looking for creative ideas from throughout Africa to contribute to Sustainable Development Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being, with a special emphasis on attaining high-quality universal health coverage for the Kofi Annan Award in 2021.
Benefits of Kofi Annan Award for Innovation
- You will get the chance to
- As a finalist, you may earn up to EUR 250,000 in funding and participate in a 12-month accelerator program.
- attend a five-day innovation bootcamp;
- propose your answer to an esteemed panel of judges;
- establish relationships with mentors, investors, and future business partners;
- attain worldwide recognition
- At the time of application, your firm must be a for-profit legal entity that has been formed for at least two years.
- At least one African nation is a part of your solution.
- The applicant must already have connections or a presence in the country of implementation, such as a country office or other permanent presence, a subsidiary, long-term activities, or partnerships.
- SDG 3 Target Indicator 8 is clearly addressed by your innovation in one or more areas.
The entity does not fit within any of the solemn declaration’s categories.
- Your invention has a total addressable market of over one million individuals.
- Your company is concerned about environmental preservation and climate change, as well as gender equality and women’s empowerment, and social inclusion (leave no one behind).
- A monetary contribution to the planned project budget is not expected of your startup.
- Your idea should have a solid proof-of-concept, early traction, and a clear roadmap to grow.
Selection Criteria for Kofi Annan Award for Innovation
Your application will be evaluated in equal weight according to the following criteria:
- Impact & Scalability
- Business Model
Application for Kofi Annan Award for Innovation
The deadline for submission is December 1, 2021, at 11:59 pm (CET). late submissions will not be considered.