Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism 2022
The Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism 2022 is now accepting applications.
The Knight-Bagehot Fellowship allows journalists to improve their awareness and expertise of business, economics, finance, and technology, as well as have a firm grasp on the business of media.
Fellows attend Columbia Journalism School for two semesters and take the majority of their subjects at Columbia Business School.
Weekly off-the-record seminars and dinners with renowned journalists, entrepreneurs, and business executives are held for the fellows.
It is the world’s most comprehensive and toughest business journalism fellowship in terms of breadth and depth.
Knight-Bagehot fellows must have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognized institution to be eligible.
The fellowship is an academic program in which fellows attend courses and are graded on their work.
Fellows gather together for a lecture and supper once a week, and each one selects their own set of business and journalism lessons.
These options are guided by three academic streams. A Certificate in Business and Economics Journalism is available in two courses.
The third leads to a journalism master’s degree.
- Each fellow gets free tuition as well as a stipend to help with living costs and healthcare in New York City. Fellows received a $60,000 living stipend and health insurance for the school year 2021-2022. They are eligible to apply for subsidized housing at a Columbia-affiliated institution.
Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism Requirements
- Full-time editorial workers of newspapers, periodicals, wire services, digital media, television, and radio news organizations, as well as freelance journalists from all over the globe, are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree (or similar) in business/economics/finance journalism and a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an authorized institution.
- While the bulk of the fellows are from the United States, they explicitly seek people who can assist in the delivery of better business journalism in other regions of the globe.
Application for Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism
The key things you will need to submit include:
- $100 application fee
- A professional resume
- A study plan/proposal of no more than 500 words
- An autobiographical essay of no more than 1,000 words
- Five original samples of work
- College or university transcript(s)
- Three letters of reference
Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism Deadline
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Recommended for You:
Scripps Howard Foundation Fellowship Program 2022
Writer’s Council Fellowship for Aspiring Writers 2022
I Tatti DHI Rom Joint Fellowship for African Studies at Harvard University in USA 2022
Impact Toolbox Youth in Development Fellowship in Canada 2022
ASEAN CSR fellowship 2022 [UPDATED]
2022 Post-Doctoral Fellowship on the Right to Privacy in Africa