Joan Cogswell Donner Field School Scholarship for Students Worldwide 2022
For the 2022/23 academic term, the Leaky Foundation is accepting applications from students all across the globe for the Joan Cogswell Donner Field School Scholarship.
Joan Cogswell Donner joined The Leakey Foundation Board of Trustees in 1979 and was named Life Trustee in 2007.
Mrs. Cogswell Donner, a graduate of Stephens College and Colorado College, has served on a number of significant boards and committees, including the Smithsonian Institutional National Board. She is now an Emeritus Board Member of the Smithsonian Institution, as well as a member of the Smithsonian National Zoological Park’s Advisory Board and the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute’s Advisory Board. Mrs. Cogswell Donner is also a Trustee of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West’s Draper National History Museum.
Worth of Scholarship
This fellowship covers up to $2,000 in field school fees for students from low-income countries who want to learn how to do fieldwork for human origins research.
Joan Cogswell Donner Field School Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
Recipients must be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in a nation with low resources for academic advancement. Students from these nations may also enroll in an undergraduate or graduate program at a university outside of their native country.
A certified field school is a university-affiliated program that provides hands-on training and instruction in archaeology, paleoanthropology, and primatology methods. Training examples include, but are not limited to:
- Primatology field techniques
- Archaeology and paleoanthropology field techniques
How to Apply for the Joan Cogswell Donner Field School Scholarship
The application must be filed by the field school’s director (Host Sponsor). The student did not submit it.
In the project description portion of the application, the following information is expected. We also ask that you send your replies as a single-page PDF with official letterhead to [email protected]
Please outline the Donner scholar’s training program. This should contain information on how Donner academics may interact with international participants.
Please explain why this student would be a suitable fit for the field school, including his or her present academics, future ambitions, and so on.
How much does tuition cost in total? What exactly does it include? What additional financial resources are available?
Please contact the Leakey Foundation at [email protected] if you have any questions about the Joan Cogswell Donner Field School Scholarship.
Deadline: The deadline for this scholarship is open all year. You may apply at any moment!
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You
- Henan Provincial Government Scholarship for in China 2022
- Professor Brian Fynes Memorial Scholarship at UCD Michael Smurfit School 2022
- University of Queensland Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top-up Scholarship 2022
- Glenmore Postgraduate Scholarship for Medical Studies in UK 2022
- Academic Excellence Scholarship at University of Bath for Masters Studies
- University of Oxford Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships 2022
- St Mary’s University Social Justice and Public Service Scholarship 2022
- PhD Scholarship on Skin Cancer Care at Ghent University in Belgium 2022
- Roberta Annan Scholarship for African Undergraduate Students
- SMART Scholarships for International Students at Staffordshire University