In Nigeria, applications for the JAMII Femmes programme 2022 are now being accepted.
The JAMII Femmes project seeks to improve the effect of African women entrepreneurs on the African economy and to encourage the development of creative sustainable development solutions that will contribute to positive change in Africa by improving the lives of tens of thousands of people.
The Women In Africa (WIA) initiative, which is backed by The Coca-Cola Foundation and is now in its inaugural year, seeks to promote and economically empower women entrepreneurs in Nigeria with creative solutions for sustainable development.
7,000 female entrepreneurs will be chosen to participate in an online training program, which will include networking with professionals and attending local Bootcamps. Honoris United Universities, WIA’s knowledge partner and Africa’s first and biggest network of private higher education institutions, will lead the online training sessions. They will prepare women to create new concepts with integrity, as well as obtain an understanding of leadership and management abilities. As a result, they will play an important role in improving the quality of life in their communities.
About the programme
For the first year, the Coca-Cola Foundation and Women In Africa are giving 7,000 women from three countries a multi-phase program.
The first phase is a four-month digital training program led by WIA’s partner, Honoris United Universities, Africa’s first and biggest network of private higher education institutions, which will equip them with skills in:
- intelligence in behavior,
- thinking critically,
- design thinking and creativity
- cooperation, and communication
- Selected recipients will be eligible for awards in the second round.
- Finally, in the third round, chosen beneficiaries will have the opportunity to participate in an accelerator program, after which each nation will get a unique reward of USD 10,000.
- Nearly 600 entrepreneurs will be selected from a pool of 7000 women to receive scholarships to help them grow their businesses and have a greater effect on their communities.
- A 2-week accelerated program will be offered to 70 chosen recipients in January 2023. They will be provided with a full support package as well as professional coaching sessions.
- One winner from each nation will receive a $10,000 award to support their initiative at the conclusion of the program.
JAMII Femmes Programme 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
- Women over the age of 18
- Nigerians, Kenyans, and Ivorians who are nationals or residents of Nigeria, Kenya, or the Ivory Coast
- Specifically in the agricultural sector and/or in connection to UNESCO’s sustainable development goals.
- Please keep in mind that the applicant’s company or initiative must have a direct effect on Africa.
- If she is chosen for the acceleration phase, the applicant must be able to travel to the nation of selection if she does not live there.
JAMII Femmes Programme 2022 | Application Procedure
Deadline: May 31, 2022
Recommended for You
- LAUTECH 14th Convocation Ceremonies | Programme of Events
- TWAS Research Grants Programme for Interdisciplinary Research
- TWAS Research Grants Programme in Basic Sciences (Individuals) in Italy 2022
- LASCOCO Maiden Convocation Ceremony Programme of Events, 2022
- Jamlab Accelerator Programme Sub-Saharan Africa in South Africa 2022
- Shell Graduate Programme for young graduates (2022)
- ALX Africa Career Catalyst Programme 2022 for Young Graduates
- Masters Programme in German Studies for International Students at University of Nairobi 2022
- Campus Solutions Programme seeks Student Journalists in West Africa for Reporting Project (Paid)
- TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Programme in 2022