IWMF Courage in Journalism Awards for Journalists Worldwide is currently accepting applications.
Dangers, assaults, government repression, a persistent glass ceiling, uneven pay, charges of fake news, and rising distrust of the media are all threats to press freedom across the globe.
Female journalists are generally the ones who bear the brunt of these assaults. In fact, the number of female journalists slain in 2017 increased by more than thrice over the previous year.
The Courage in Journalism Awards demonstrates to the public that female journalists will not be silenced and that they deserve to be acknowledged for their courage in the face of hardship.
It honors courageous journalists who cover taboo subjects, operate in harsh conditions and expose painful realities.
The IWMF also honors the trailblazers who broke down barriers so that women all across the globe may find their voices and be heard.
The recipients of the Lifetime Achievement Award persisted, paving the way for future generations to make a difference.
These women display a dedication to press freedom as well as exceptional character, overcoming adversity to get to the top of their fields.
Worth of Award
Now in its 31st year, the awards program honors three brave journalists – including photojournalists – working in any country across the world.
IWMF Courage in Journalism Awards Requirement
- These women cover taboo subjects, put themselves in dangerous situations, and tell hard truths.
- In addition, the awardees show a dedication to press freedom and have frequently surmounted adversity to become industry leaders.
- Full-time staff or freelance women reporters, writers, editors, photographers, or producers working in any country and of any nationality are eligible to apply for the Courage in Journalism Awards.
- No self-nominations are permitted.
How to Apply for IWMF Courage in Journalism Awards
Visit their website and click on the link provided in order to make your nominations
Deadline: The completed nomination must be submitted on or before March 18, 2022.
Recommended for You:
- Salzburg Global Seminar Communications Internship 2022
- UN Internship Program 2022
- World Bank Internship Program for Highly Motivated Citizens in USA 2022
- TikTok Insights Internship program for African Students 2022
- MainOne Internship Program for Young Nigerians 2022
- Safaricom Student Internship Program for Kenyan Students 2022