The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) Communications Internship 2021 is now accepting applications.
The ICFJ is searching for an enthusiastic and skilled intern to join their communications team and help them tell the organization’s narrative.
This is a great compensated position for a self-starter who wants to progress in journalism and improve their communications abilities, especially in digital media. Interns should be motivated, productive, and adaptable.
It is necessary to have good writing abilities as well as familiarity with social media.
It is highly recommended that you have a passion for journalism and/or foreign issues. Applicants should be able to work well with others.
Writing, graphic, and video material will be developed, as well as contributing to the upkeep of the ICFJ website, giving assistance for ICFJ events, and other administrative activities.
Starting in November and lasting at least three months, the internship demands a time commitment of 21 to 35 hours per week.
The job will begin as remote employment, but applicants may visit ICFJ’s headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Create and distribute social media content (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Owning your own social media analytics
- Create graphics for social media.
- videotape and edit interviews.
- Assist with the creation of frequent analytics reports utilizing a variety of technologies, including Facebook Insights and Google Analytics.
- ICFJ’s website should be updated.
- write brief online articles and press releases.
- Show your support for ICFJ events.
- As required, provide administrative assistance.
Eligibility for the International Center for Journalists
- During the internship, the intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program or a recent graduate. Students with a background in marketing, communications, journalism, or design are favored.
- Video editing and video editing software experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities, as well as a high level of collaboration.
- Self-starter ship and the ability to take initiative
- Strong organized and attention to detail abilities
- Multiple task management ability
- Take satisfaction in what you’ve accomplished.
It would be advantageous if you have prior expertise with:
- Adobe Creative Suite, for example, is a major design program.
On a rolling basis, applications will be considered. Candidates must submit an application with a cover letter, résumé, social media image, and writing sample.