Humanitarian Shelter and Settlements Fellowship in USA 2022 is currently accepting applications for the academic year 2022/23
Currently, USAID/BHA is looking to
improve its leadership abilities,
enhance its humanitarian response programs in the domain of Shelter and Settlements (S&S),
boost the sector’s visibility in North America, and
improve professional opportunities for persons interested in operations in the S&S sector
S&S sector operations, according to USAID/BHA, include providing housing to disaster/crisis-affected people. It also contains
The planning of settlements and their related activities
decrease of catastrophe risk,
management of natural resources
adaptability to climate change, and
Economic variables in the immediate vicinity
Worth of Award
- Three grants of up to $19,000 each are expected from USAID/BHA. This is made up of a $10,000 stipend and up to $9,000 in travel fees to assist graduate research if required.
- Fellowship study will be supported for roughly ten months, and basic expenditures will be covered. This might include expenses such as travel, hotel, and research (e.g., medical evacuation insurance, visas, vaccinations, etc.).
Humanitarian Shelter and Settlements Fellowship Requirements
Fellows will be graduate students attending full-time in authorized graduate school programs in North America. Or US residents enrolled in equivalent graduate programs overseas in the following fields:
- Architecture or Architectural engineering, as well as city, urban, environmental, or regional planning.
- Civil or environmental engineering, or a related field of study.
- Successful applicants in the programs described above should ideally be first-year, Masters-level graduate students. These are applicants who want to start working on a thesis or professional report as a graduation requirement.
- It’s worth noting that submissions from women and people of color are especially encouraged.
How to Apply Humanitarian Shelter and Settlements Fellowship
Candidates who meet the requirements will be required to submit a written application.
- statement of intended work (two pages) (including an executive summary),
- a letter of recommendation from their thesis or professional report adviser,
- confirmation from the adviser that the statement of planned work would directly help the candidate’s thesis or professional report subject
Please attach the above-mentioned documents (pdf or MS Word) to [email protected] with the subject line “SHELTER FELLOWSHIPS-LastName”.
Deadline: Applications and supporting documents must be submitted by 5:00 PM EST, Friday, February 18th, 2022.
Recommended for You:
- Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society Fellowships in USA 2022
- Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program for African-born Scholars 2022
- Apply for the 1834 Fellowship 2022
- Alibaba eFounders Fellowship for Digital Entrepreneurs
- Alibaba Business School eFounders Fellowship Program
- Teach For Kosovo Fellowship 2022
- MBARI Science Communication Fellowship for Recent Graduates 2022