Do you want to transfer MTN airtime to someone but you don’t know how to go about it?
If yes, then you’re in the right place.
In this article, I’ll tell you how to transfer MTN airtime to anyone with just a dial.
How To Transfer MTN airtime
To transfer MTN airtime to any recipient dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK.
Example: dial*777*080312345673*500*1234# and then send/OK.
When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
Note: Before you can transfer airtime, you must change the default PIN which is 0000.
To Change your MTN Share PIN follow the steps below:
- Send an SMS with your Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
- You can also change your PIN by dialing *777*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *777*0000*1234*1234# and then send/OK.
Incase you’ve been asking any of the related questions listed below, please kindly read on.
How do I transfer airtime using SMS?
To transfer airtime using SMS follow the steps below:
- Send an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount, and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
- Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
Please kindly note that:
- You can only transfer in Naira amounts and not in kobo, i.e. you can transfer NGN71.00 but not NGN71.99.
- You can transfer between NGN50.00 – NGN5,000.00 in a single transaction.
- You can transfer up to NGN100,000.00 from your phone to either a single or multiple MTN accounts every day.
- There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day.
- If your MTN prepaid account does not have enough airtime to cover the amount you have requested to transfer, the transaction will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
- If you are a postpaid customer, you will only be able to transfer airtime when your account is positive.
- You will not be able to transfer airtime when your account is negative (-).
For example, if your account balance is N-400.00. You will not be able to use MTN Share.
On the other hand, if your account balance is N1,000.00 you will be able to transfer airtime up to the available N1,000.00 in your account.
How do I know my MTN transfer pin?
If you want to retrieve your old MTN transfer pin just dial 180 (mtn customer care), tell them your name and reason for calling.
You’ll be asked few questions and given directions on what to do, before 24 hours you’ll get your new mtn transfer pin.
How do I transfer credit to another MTN number?
If you want to transfer credit to another MTN number follow the steps below:
- Dial *198#.
- Select ‘2’ to transfer.
- Enter the recipient’s number (The phone number of the one you’re sending to) and press enter.
- Enter the whole amount you wish to send to the person.
What is MTN Me2U code?
You can register to MTN Me2U either via SMS or USSD.
Via SMS, type ‘register’, leave a space, enter a 4-digit PIN and send to 1329.
Via USSD, dial *198#, select 1 ‘Activate’, choose a new PIN, re-enter that new PIN, and finally, you will receive a confirmation of successful registration.
What is the new MTN recharge PIN?
The new MTN recharge card pin has 10 digits instead of 17 digits.
The latest MTN card now has a 10 digit PIN and new loading code *3551*10 digit pin#, instead of *555*PIN#.
What is the code for loading MTN data?
You can subscribe to any MTN data bundles via the following method:
Dial *131*1# or *904# and selecting your preferred data plan.
How do I reverse MTN airtime?
To reverse MTN Mobile Money Transactions (Change Airtime back into cash) follow the steps below:
- Dial *170#
- Enter 7 for Wallet.
- Enter 5 for Airtime Reversal.
- Enter 1 to confirm the reversal.
Trust you now know how to transfer MTN airtime.
Please drop your contribution in the comment box below.